Original edge vs lo pro - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 04:01 AM Thread Starter

Original edge vs lo pro

Sorry if this topic has been battered to death but what trem do you think is better edge or lo pro? Is the lo pro worth the extra £££.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 07:59 AM

Reviews: 6
Re: Original edge vs lo pro

either is totally fine...some prefer having the lo pro as it has less to get in the way of your hand...i prefer the original edge as i am accustomed to feeling the edge of the trem with my right hand...my jem has an edge pro that took some serious adjustments for me because its sunk so low into the body i can't really tell that there's actually a trem there without looking lol...d.m.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 11:30 AM

I personally prefer the Lo Pro. Because of how I position my picking hand over/on the trem, the fine-tuners of the original Edge get in my way--but that's just me. Personal preference. I can't objectively say which one is actually "better"... only what's better for me.

Same goes for Floyd Rose trems. I only like the "Pro" versions, which are like the Lo Pro Edge in that their fine-tuners are angled back and out of the way of my picking hand.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 12:05 PM

I do not like the original Floyd because of the position of the fine tuners. It feels as if there is no "space" for the hand.

However the original Edge is build similar but the fine tuners have this kind of slight angle. Works perfectly for me. I never feel that they are there.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 06:34 PM

Both are good but if i had to pick one i would choose the lo pro due to the edge string lock screws location. It's the only disadvantage i see when i make the setups.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 09:11 PM

i like the original edge better. It seemed easier to setup at least to me. Both are excellent trems.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 04:30 PM

One is not "better" than the other. Just preference so if you can get the Edge for less money, go that way.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 06:44 PM

I have both, neither is better. Tuning stability wise both are the same and setup wise both are the same, the original does flutter more but is also more sensitive to hand placement, the Lo Pro is designed in a way that gives more stability meaning it won't flutter as much or be as affected by hand resting. If I had a preference then it's probably the Lo-Pro as I find it easier to be more subtle with it.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 06:46 AM

to me its more about the cosmetic design you prefer....most prefer lo pro looks....but both are good to me...i have guitars with both bridge...

Tags
edge , floyd rose - edge , ibanez , lo pro edge bridge , mod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode