peavey Bandit™ 112 ? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

peavey Bandit™ 112 ?

Hey, so i think i'm gonna buy this amp, are there any comments about it? good/bad? oh and i would be using a RG550.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 08:28 PM

Re: peavey Bandit™ 112 ?

I have one of those it's an okay amp I plug it into a Sear Silver tone vintage cab and it sounds pretty good I can keep up with my friends marshall. If you can save up more get a tube amp of some sort they are better.

I use a dimarzio Ds-1 to boost the sound and i use a DOD super sterio chorus pedal to make leads cut through and my guitar is a Ibanez 350dx with Evos
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

yeah, i want a Tube amp but i am not that familiar with them. The only tube amp manufactures i know of is Mesa Boogie and they are firggin expensieve.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos grijalva
yeah, i want a Tube amp but i am not that familiar with them. The only tube amp manufactures i know of is Mesa Boogie and they are firggin expensieve.

the only tube amp you know?

Bogner
Carvin
Laney
Marshall
Line6
Bad Cat
Peavey
fender
list goes on..
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 08:45 PM

I personaly thing mesa boogies suck I tried a Daul Rectifier and i was SOOOO disappointed I thought i was gonna get a john petrucci'ish sorta tone but it wasnt anything like his it sucked really bad. I havent tried any of their other amps maybe they are better i dont know.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 08:59 PM

I have one of those. I'd go for a marshall valvestate or even a tube if you have the money. Bandit112 is...ok at best. I want to get rid of mine haha. Want it? :P
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopvai

Bogner
Carvin
Laney
Marshall
Line6
Bad Cat
Peavey
fender
list goes on..
Mmm, can you help me out? i have about $400 dollars are there any amps there (not too big) that you can suggest, please? (was thinking about a Laney or a Carvin) Hows the Laney LC50? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by carlos grijalva; 10-25-2005 at 09:06 PM.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopvai

Bogner
Carvin
Laney
Marshall
Line6
Bad Cat
Peavey
fender
list goes on..
A tube Line6? Where?

I have a Bandit, there pretty good amps really. It can do anything you want it to, and loud, but the tone is worse than a tube amp.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 09:30 PM

Even Peavey makes tube amps, many of them quite well received. Both the ValveKing and Classic series have 112 combos.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectriK
A tube Line6? Where?
got carried away, i had just woken up,.,.. gimme a chance!!

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

ok i think i made my decision, a LC50 what do you think?
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 05:51 PM

I would advice against a Bandit, I don't think the drive channel is veru usable for anything besides thrash metal or something of that sort. But you already made the right decision, good on you!

I never played a Laney, but from what I see they are the best priced tube amps you can get, and they seem to get good rviews. I say it's a good choice.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos grijalva
ok i think i made my decision, a LC50 what do you think?

looks nice...

can't give you a full opinion cuz i've never tried one...

i've heard some good things about laney

go try it out... and see if its your cup of tea
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 12:24 AM

C'mon Carlos!!! get a McDonalds job to help you get a real amp.... am not talking about size, am talking about technology..... date una vuelta a Bolivar casi con Izazaga, hay una tienditas muy pequenias en una placita igual de pequenia, ahu hay una que vende amplificadores de bulbos y hay un Carvin bastante chido, tambien de bulbos, de segunda y a consignacion, hasta un trident Stiletto Mesa....... comprar uno de transistores es la fustracion total... ahorra esos US$400.00 y ponle mas, tambien checa deremate.com.mx, hay un Fender de tubos nuevo por 6k mx, un Gibson de bulbos de esos que parecen maleta por 6k.... es cosa de buscarle, pero no desperdicies tu lana en uno de transistores.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchie
C'mon Carlos!!! get a McDonalds job to help you get a real amp.... am not talking about size, am talking about technology..... date una vuelta a Bolivar casi con Izazaga, hay una tienditas muy pequenias en una placita igual de pequenia, ahu hay una que vende amplificadores de bulbos y hay un Carvin bastante chido, tambien de bulbos, de segunda y a consignacion, hasta un trident Stiletto Mesa....... comprar uno de transistores es la fustracion total... ahorra esos US$400.00 y ponle mas, tambien checa deremate.com.mx, hay un Fender de tubos nuevo por 6k mx, un Gibson de bulbos de esos que parecen maleta por 6k.... es cosa de buscarle, pero no desperdicies tu lana en uno de transistores.
El problema es que tendria que esperar un ano mas para que pueda comprar un amplificador bueno, porque el dinero que tengo es de Navidad y mi cumpleanos (Feb 3) entonces tendria que esperar para que termine el anio escolar (Junio 27) para tener un trabajo y tendria mas dinero en Octubre de el proximo anio.... Y ya quiero un ampli!!! el que tengo es una mierda!

Tags
chorus pedal , john petrucci , marshall valvestate , mesa boogie , thrash metal , tube amp , tube amps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode