Peavey classic 30, Lancey LC30-II or ??? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Peavey classic 30, Lancey LC30-II or ???

Hmm im stumped... and have no time to test them out.. both have very promising specs... but would like some comments from Jemsite members...

Im disparing with my practice/small club digital rig and want to have a
non-backbreaking practice/small club gig amp (less than 200 people) which has an excellent and versatile clean channel and a good or better gain channel.

Thanks for any advice

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 01:02 PM

Re: Peavey classic 30, Lancey LC30-II or ???

hey dude,
I'm buying the laney lc30-II in a couple of weeks, Ive tried it out and its great, really excellent tone, and very versitile.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
Hmm im stumped... and have no time to test them out.. both have very promising specs... but would like some comments from Jemsite members...

Im disparing with my practice/small club digital rig and want to have a
non-backbreaking practice/small club gig amp (less than 200 people) which has an excellent and versatile clean channel and a good or better gain channel.

Thanks for any advice

Steve
I can't speak to the laney myself. Though, I steered clear of them because I read soooo many reviews of laney amps breaking down and needing repair. The Peavey Classic 30 is plenty ballsy enough for a 200 crowd club and it sounds spectacular to me and lots of other users. The clean channel is spectacular and the lead channel sounds great as well. You should listen to the sound samples I posted up in the media part of this forum and decide on those tones for yourself. Nevermind my terrible playing that was all over the place, just listen to the tone. I've read numerous reviews of people using these amps and praising their dependability. It's just a good product. I have even read several reviews of people who got rid of their fender amps because they like the classic 30's cleans better. You have to make up your own mind but I am extremely pleased with my recent classic 30 purchase. Check out my threads.

The Laney may be great. I know they get good reviews on their tone for certain, but dependable? Dunno. Hope this helps.

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68801

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68925

Last edited by tt0511; 11-02-2007 at 03:10 PM.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 03:08 PM

Reviews: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt0511 View Post
The Laney may be great. I know they get good reviews on their tone for certain, but dependable? Dunno. Hope this helps.
From my experience, Laneys are solid as a rock. My GH50L is around 12 years old, hauled from one venue to the other almost weekly and still going strong.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild_Child View Post
From my experience, Laneys are solid as a rock. My GH50L is around 12 years old, hauled from one venue to the other almost weekly and still going strong.
That's great. I've just read a lot of reviews to the contrary. Not speaking from personal experience with the amps.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

bought the Peavey Classic 30 (only 375 new, which seems reasonable). Will be delivered on wednesday... looking forward to it

Tags
peavey classic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode