peavey heads - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
peavey heads

im in the market for a new head, id like a peavey but im open to all brands i need something really really heavy does and have any sugestions? id also like something afordable lol so not a krank or messa boogie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 04:39 PM

Reviews: 9
Re: peavey heads

Framus? You can get them for peavey money in this country. The dragon is great. I like the h&k triamp too...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 04:44 PM

What exact price range are we talking here?

Framus aren't as cheap on this site of the Atlantic, BTW. Used they're more than most Peavey heads are new. Triamps are like $3k, not affordable at all.

Last edited by toshiro; 08-14-2010 at 07:14 PM. Reason: fixed lol
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 04:54 PM

Reviews: 39

Yeah dude, Framus are pretty expensive in the US. Like used Mesa expensive.

Peavey 5150's and used 6505's usually go for relatively cheap. If you want a high gain amp, i'd look in that direction if you like the brown sound. They pop up alot on CL and evilbay.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 05:29 PM

Reviews: 9

That sucks! They're not that good... What kind of money is blackstar going for over there? It's different to the peavey but they are all valve.

If I were carrying out the search you are at the moment, I'd probably go for a 3 channel peavey and get a used Mesa cab. Engl/diezel/h&k etc will probably silly money over there and if mesa's too much then I'm guessing brands like bogner and soldano will be totally out of the question.

Of the 3ch peaveys I found the triple xxx to be much smoother an bigger sounding than the jsx and it wasn't so noisy but the jsx was more ott which can be fun, depends what your after.
I also really like the Marshall vintage modern stuff, but like the blackstar, they're pretty different and being british, I don't know how the pricing compares to the USA.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 07:16 PM

The 3120/XXX is a great amp, more gain then you'll ever need, and pretty versatile.

The 6505 or 6505+ are much more aggressive, if you're into heavier styles. The 6505 is bigger/meaner, but it's a little looser feeling, and the clean is meh(shared EQ). The 6505+ is not as big sounding, but has a tighter feel, and the cleans are decent. I prefer the + model.

The new 6534+ is supposedly very cool sounding, haven't played one yet though..

Tags
heavy heads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode