Peavey Valveking?? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

Peavey Valveking??

Im thinking about buying a Peavey Valveking combo amp. Its all tube 100watt but its only $699.00. Is this a good amp? It seems like there has to be a flaw somewhere...Please Help!!! tell me wat u think!!!

http://peavey.com/news/article.cfm/a...2/20052107.cfm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 08:59 AM

Reviews: 3
Re: Peavey Valveking??

I'm not sure that anyone even has them in stock yet. I had ordered one of each at the wNAMM show for the store I use to work for, and they haven't gotten them yet. I'm curious too as to how they will sound. As for the price, they are being made overseas to keep the retail price down.
Josh
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 01:49 PM

I just read a gear review article in my latest musician's friend and the guy reviewing it just sang nothing but praise for the 1x12 adn 2x12 combos. He didn't have the head to review though.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 02:39 PM
rgr

The combos are out now, or will be soon, the heads should be right behind them. They almost sound too good to be true for the price, but Peavey has done that before, it will be interesting to hear them. I did talk to Roger at Peavey (yeah, it could've gotten confusing:-) about the Penta, and asked about the VK, he said that it was more Fender-y while the Penta was very old school Marshall-y.

Roger
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 09:11 PM
Gex

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfiend14
I just read a gear review article in my latest musician's friend and the guy reviewing it just sang nothing but praise for the 1x12 adn 2x12 combos. He didn't have the head to review though.

Dude, those articles are 100% bull.

Im not saying anything about the quality of the amp, but those articles are so biased.

Think about it, they put that in a CATALOG, so you'll read it and go HEY!!! I WANT THAT!!!! and then buy it.

Marketing 101: Make your item look desirable as possible.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gex
Dude, those articles are 100% bull.

Im not saying anything about the quality of the amp, but those articles are so biased.

Think about it, they put that in a CATALOG, so you'll read it and go HEY!!! I WANT THAT!!!! and then buy it.

Marketing 101: Make your item look desirable as possible.

while this is fairly true, they did a good job of describing the amp so you at least have a idea of what it has.

Tags
combo amp , peavey valveking

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode