Pedal board/rig advice - Page 2 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 05:09 PM

Re: Pedal board/rig advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpd111 View Post
I've skimmed these posts and haven't seen the learning curve mentioned. If your time is valuable, you'll need to consider it. I had the GT-8, and I have a friend who has the GT-6B, and we were both frustrated by how tricky it is to use and time-consuming. I sent mine back, and went with individual pedals.
??? took me 15 minutes to figure it out.... i used the manual.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 06:06 PM

I basically want to throw everything I have in the garbage and buy a TC electronic G force. Seems to have everything I would need for effects. Add a wah and a volume pedal, maybe a distortion pedal to drive the amp harder, and a floor board controller....set the sounds the way I like them, punch them into the board so they're on call, and that's it. From what I've read, the G force is super. Never tried one though LOL. So, I guess I'm just dreaming/assuming its all that. But its pricey....
post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davester1234 View Post
I basically want to throw everything I have in the garbage and buy a TC electronic G force. Seems to have everything I would need for effects. Add a wah and a volume pedal, maybe a distortion pedal to drive the amp harder, and a floor board controller....set the sounds the way I like them, punch them into the board so they're on call, and that's it. From what I've read, the G force is super. Never tried one though LOL. So, I guess I'm just dreaming/assuming its all that. But its pricey....
What is a floor board controller? Is that for this TC G-force thing?
post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Oh my gosh! That TC is suhweet, and the man himself is using it! I really dig this idea. Perhaps I'll save my money and get the same "floor only" model vai is using! Wow!

http://www.tcelectronic.com/user_sto...jrDcmntId=6341
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 09:11 PM

Copy this set up

Versatile, sounds great and takes about 15 seconds to set up for live use.
post #21 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
Copy this set up

Versatile, sounds great and takes about 15 seconds to set up for live use.
No input on the flanger? No output on the tremolo pedal? What's the aluminum switch box bottom left corner?
post #22 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 09:49 PM

There are inputs and outputs to those pedals, they are just hard to see.
The silver box is a loooper so at anytime I could put and combination or pedals in the loop, or take them out completely so they dont color the tone when not in use.
post #23 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo1299 View Post
??? took me 15 minutes to figure it out.... i used the manual.
Some people have a knack for that sort of thing. I don't. If you don't have it. It's a pain.

I was able to use it, but getting a sound I was happy with was another thing entirely.
post #24 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
There are inputs and outputs to those pedals, they are just hard to see.
The silver box is a loooper so at anytime I could put and combination or pedals in the loop, or take them out completely so they dont color the tone when not in use.
So, am I correct in saying that the looper allows you to leave all your pedals on and use the looper to turn combinations of pedals on and off with one to two switch buttons? That's what I'm looking to be able to do.

What kind of cases do these lids come off of that I see so many pedal boards made of?

Thanks! You have different pedals than I do, but they are good stuff from what I heard on the manufacturer's websites. Like that Line6 Echo and the tube classic overdrive box. They sound great on the samples I heard.

I've heard if I get a Boss TU-2 or NS-2, I can "daisy-chain" other pedals off of them and run power like that through a loop with just one power supply for up to 8 pedals.

A friend who is a pro bass player gave me a RAT distortion box he's had in his closet since 1991. I love the way that thing sounds. I think I'm gonna send it off to Keeley for the mods and save that thing! I liked it better than the Boss DS-1.

Guess I just need to make a pedal board with all the pedals I currently have. I'll just have to learn to dance. Still, that TC board sounds and looks like my kinda thing, since I'm accustomed to that Line6 Shortboard I had with the flextone amp. I do hate having to spend hours programming patches though.
post #25 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:34 PM

I did change my board a little. The ZW44 and TS808 arent on there anymore. I sold the Tubescreamer and use the Zakk Wylde to float between my other amps when I dont want to bring the whole board. I will find the link to who makes the pedal board, I got it off e bay. Its not a very expensive board and it is easy to move everything. The Strobostomp also will power pedals, but I have a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power under the shelf that my tuner, RC20 flanger and trem pedal are on. I added a Line 6 Verbzilla too, it is a great Reverb pedal.

If you wanted you could have all the pedals on and use the loooper to just turn on any combination of pedals you want.

I have mine set up like this
Guitar into Radial Tonebone into Full Drive into the Loooper
Loop 1 = Wah
Loop 2 = Trem and Flanger
Loop 3 = Verbzilla
Loop 4 = Delay
Loop 5 = RC20
Tuner out = Strobostomp
Loooper out = Amp

The nice thing about that pedal board isI can keep all my calbes hooked up at all times, so when I need to set up I just have to plug in the powerstrip and take the cable from my loooper out and plug it into the amp and take the cable from my Tonebone and plug in my guitar. All my cables are ready to go as soon as I open the case.
post #26 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

thanks!

Did you build that "looper" yourself? When I try to look that up on mus.friend, all i get are the looper effects pedals like your boss there.
post #27 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 12:01 AM

Nope, the site was Loooper.com I think. ( It actually has 3 "o"s, those arent typos) He stopped making them but there is a guy making them I think he calls them loopmasters now. You can get them with a little as 1 botton or the biggest I've seen was 6.
post #28 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 12:18 AM

Yeah it's loop master now. Here's a link

http://www.loop-master.com/

Click the top link under catagories "True Bypass Pedaals & Loop Strips"
post #29 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

Found both websites. Pretty awesome! I was just telling a friend yesterday that this is what I needed! He said, yeah man, that'd be awesome. Neither of us had a clue it was available. Sweet. Definitely have to get one of those. I'm soooo glad you chimed in elcid!

I guess the idea of "bypass" is so that you can keep your signal out of a string of effects "all the time" and just tap into that loop at the right times when you need the effects? I've read a lot about "tone sucking" here and there and have been concerned. Looks like this keeps that down to a minimum if I understand that concept rightly.
post #30 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 12:25 AM

No problem man, glad to help.

Tags
amp modeler , charvel evh , charvel evh art , charvel evh art series , david mccarroll , digitech whammy , distortion pedal , double neck , evh art series , flextone iii , horsie wah , noise suppressor , peavey classic , pedal board , reverb pedal , rob balducci , stomp box , tube amp , volume pedal , voodoo lab , voodoo labs , wah pedal , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode