Pedal Boards and Effects Question (UK) - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

Cool Pedal Boards and Effects Question (UK)

Hi guys

First up, here's my setup:

Yamaha Pacifica 311H
Ibanez RG6PCMLTD-BRG
Peavey ValveKing II 50w Tube Amp
Nordell Audio Isolated 10 Output Power Supply Unit

Guitar
|
TC Electronic Polytune 2 Noir
Morley M2WV Wah Volume Pedal
Boss NS-2 Noise Surpressor
TC Electronic MojoMojo Overdrive
TC Electronic Dark Matter Distortion
Tone City Comp Engine Compressor
|
Front of Amp

Effects Send
|
Joyo JF-316 Future Chorus Ironman Mini
Tone City Tape Machine Delay
Boss GE-7 7 Band Graphic Equaliser
Boss RC-3 Loop Station
|
Effects Return

The GE-7 is there to essentially lower the output of the setup for bedroom playing, as even at 2w output, it is bloody loud. Also shapes the sound beautifully. I'm happy with the tone I am getting from this (not actually added the Morley WAH / Dark Matter yet as they arrive tomorrow).

Are there any tips or views on this setup? Suggested settings for a Satch-like tone? One thing, when I use the Gain channel on my amp, then boost it (also add the Mojo), my pinched harmonics never squeeeeeeeeeeeeel or even sound good. Any suggestions? Also, when I use the looper, the delay can be cut off. Any way to fix that?

Now onto the pedal board question...

My setup is a mess... no pedal board to tidy it up. Just wondering what pedalboard I should go for? I am not a live gigger - just in the man cave. Just need it to be tidier. I know Pedaltrain brand, which is expensive - but never know if there are better, cheaper alternatives (probably better if UK based answers as what is available in USA isn't often available here) - or if not, what Pedaltrain would be advisable? I can't really see them at a store, as the stores near me don't sell pedal boards - they have to order them in for you.

Thanks heaps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
advice , awesome , effects , pedalboard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode