Pedal order setup ?? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 25
Pedal order setup ??

Gday ladies...

So im almost done on buying all of my pedals, they haven't arrived yet, but id like to organise how its all going to get setup. So I need your help on order and what I should run through the effects loop etc....

I have an idea, but since I havent used pedals for years and years, id like some help..

Here is what I will have...
Voodoo Lab power
Ibanez Turbo Tube screamer (already owned)
TC Nova Delay
TC Polytune tuner
Ibanez Airplane flanger
ISP Decimator G String Or shoudl I just get the standard ?

Havent chosen a wah yet, but I currently have an Ibanez Vintage wh10 which im selling.

I reckon I might just get the weeping demon. I used to own one and I kinda liked it especially the pedal spring option..

I got a whole bunch of George L patch cables

I am plugging into a Mesa Single Rectifier which I will use for my Gain.

and I reckon thats it. Might get a chorus later down the track, but I have no real need for it cause im mostly playing dropped metal.

Cheers !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 05:57 PM

Reviews: 1
Re: Pedal order setup ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezFreak777 View Post
ISP Decimator G String Or shoudl I just get the standard ?

Get the G string, worth the extra money because is a pedal you turn on and that's it. You don't have to turn it off when you change to the clean channel, and you could use it in front and in the effect loop at the same time.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 09:55 AM

Reviews: 18

I'd do it this way:

Guitar>Turbo Tube Screamer>Mesa Input (When you get a wah pedal, stick it after your guitar and before the Turbo Tube Screamer)

TC Nova>Airplane Flanger>Tuner>Mesa Loop (Play with the flanger's position either before or after the delay to see how which position your ears like the flanger in). The tuner could be also put after the turbo tube screamer as well).

I hope this helps

Jimmy
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

cheers

I was under the impression I want the tuner first before any signal change in order to get a clean signal to the tuner so its the most accurate ?

everything else sounds like a plan to me..
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 11:23 AM

Reviews: 59

I usually put my tuner first in effects chain order, unless the amp I'm using has a tuner output. I don't think it makes a ton of difference either way, unless you're running a modulation effected signal into the tuner (why you would I don't know ) or the tuner you're using causes noise, in which case, the effects loop would be better.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 03:31 PM

Reviews: 11

I would go for a signature dunlop whose tone you like over the weeping demon.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 03:54 PM

Reviews: 18

You're right IbanezFreak, the tuner should go in first. I was in my office and had my mind on other things when I thought about the tuner's placement.

Jimmy
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 05:29 PM

Reviews: 120

Yeah, tuner first, then wah when you get one, then TS.

Check out the Ernie Ball wah too. Very nice, solid construction, true bypass, not too naselly or muddy.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 02:48 PM

I've had the Decimator and recently bought the G String and they are a world apart. I couldn't find a good setting with the standard Decimator and sold it going back to a Boss NS-2. The G String on the other hand is gold.

On the wah, I know the general approach is add it first in your signal chain after tuner but I tried my 535Q after drive/compressor and before modulation/delay (based on Rob Balducci's approach) and haven't looked back.

Keep messing around with the order until you're happy with your tone.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

ok cool... well I went with the G String so im sure its going to be enough...

pedals havent arrived yet, i guessing another week or so waiting, then playing time, and after that maybe a few reviews are coming my way..

Thanks for all the help thus far..
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 03:23 AM Thread Starter

Ok most of the pedals have arrived, just the TC delay to come and Im done..

I went and did a bad thing and got an Eventide space... my wife would kill me if she knew...

So how would u guys set these up, im overwhelmed with how to connect it all. The ISP is throwing me off.. Anyone kind enough to help me using the

Guitar > Effects > Amp.... including what pedals go through the effects loop and how it connects through the ISP...

Cheers !!

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 06:28 AM

Tuner - ISP (but read on first) - whammy/wah - Turbo tube screamer - flanger - amp. (Personally I would try the flanger on the other side of the tube screamer swell just to see what you think.

Put the Space in the loop. If you have a parallel loop, turn the original (dry) signal all the way off in the Space.

As for the ISP, I'd use it only on the front end pedal chain. Plug your guitar straight into it via the middle jack on the right of the ISP. Take a cable out of the top right jack and send it to the whammy/wah. Plug the output of the Airplane Flanger into the bottom jack of the ISP.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 06:31 AM

There are other ways to connect the ISP but this way works fine for me.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 08:44 AM

Reviews: 13

I run my tuner last. There are a whole range of opinions on this and they generally range from either first or last. Try both ideas and see what you think.

Nice choice with the Power supply - I have one and I am very happy with it (no hum).

-Wolfram
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 07:34 PM

I've never been comfortable running a tuner anywhere other than first in the chain, because if you forget to turn off your chorus pedal or something, your tuner won't be able to to find the pitch accurately. Or an overdrive in front of the tuner could exaggerate some overtones or have some other undesirable-to-a-tuner effect. Especially with a PolyTune, I think you'd really want to present the cleanest signal to it that you could.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode