pedal recommendations to voice your jem! - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

pedal recommendations to voice your jem!

Hi guys.

Looking for the best pedal to help my JEM555 sound as best as it possibly can.
Currently using the preset drive channel (amber) on my Marshall JVM215c which sounds naughty enough; but I want to get the sound from yesteryear which got me into guitar, and more importantly JEMs!

I'm looking to recreate the Passion and Warfare era, so understand it's probably best to go for a brown sound distortion pedal... but i'm open to other interpretations!

So yeah, what do you guys use to make your JEMs shine??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 08:48 AM
Banned

Reviews: 64
Re: pedal recommendations to voice your jem!

Best pedal?
To make your jem sound as best as possible?
Those things don't exist, if they do people won't carry a ton of gear to the stage or studio.
Plus the way a guitar sound in a mix depends on how ALL other instruments sound, to get passion and warfare tone, your song/music would have to have the same instruments with the same mix and mastering = impossible.
As you don't know that stuff, you should focus on practicing cause if you were an experienced musician, you would know them
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

Hi There.

Err okay. Yes i am inexperienced with JEMs as i tend to use my telecaster in my band at the moment as it doesn't suit the classic rock style i play, and the equipment i have suits that style down to the ground.

I was curious to see what equipment people like using when they play as I love hearing passionate people talk about their gear; but if my questions fall on hollow ground i guess i'll just go back to playing around.

Thanks anyway
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Banned

You're welcome.
You have to research a lot about recording to understand how audio works then you'd be able to chase the tone you want but again, it's impossible to get the same tone of a mixed/mastered album unless you have the same gear(guitar and studio gear)/instruments/mix/mastering and recording engineer of that album.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

What?? No plug for Pepper Bros?????
Lol

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 01:26 PM
Banned

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 03:28 PM

Wouldn't it be better anyway to come up with your own sound? Using passion and warfare as a blueprint is ok, but you should go search for what you think your tone should be. And in addition to that, you'll never find a pedal that solves all your problems. Tone is really a combo of Amp + Guitar + Pedals + Fingers, and in case you are recording you still have to factor Microphones, EQ, Mixing and Mastering as was previously said.

Anyway, just some food for thought

Tags
distortion , jem , pedal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode