Picks - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Picks

I have used Dunlop JazzIII's, Tortex H3's (a jazzIII made of tortex) and my current favorite is the Pickboy Edge. Unfortunately, the pickboys are pretty expensive for a dozen picks. They are like a JazzIII tip but a normal size pick. Anybody know of any other picks that are similar? I really want a pick that is about normal size but with a JazzIII tip for better articulation (for me anyway). I need something easier to find and easier on the wallet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 02:42 PM

Dunlop tortex sharpies
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 04:26 PM

Reviews: 1
i dont like pointy picks because....#1 they wear out fairly quickly and #2, they are very brash sounding when hitting the strings. Fender makes the perfect pick which is just a 1mm stick nylon. Its pointy but not to the extreme of the jazz 3's but has just enough rounding to be both articulate and smoth. And unlike jazz 3's, you can walk into most stores and find these. They are baby blue.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 06:03 PM

Those dunlops you can see through. Extra heavy. Wham bam!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 10:23 PM

Favorite : Dunlop Delrin 0.96 - Magenta/Dark pink. About four weeks ago I found one of these picks while looking for something else and I have been reluctant to put it down since. It has enough weight and thickness to keep up with and sound authoritative while tremolo picking, and it still allows me a nice dynamic range. I cannot find these in stores. I only have one. I think (hope) that I can order from the website though.

Used to be favorite : Tortex 0.88 - SeaPuke Green.

In A Pinch : Dunlop Gel X-Heavy (1.14 I think...) See-through yellow.

Love/Hate : Gator grips. Feel great in hand, good grip - but - sounds "scratchy" when plugged in.

I Strum With (any) Fender Medium - tortiose shell, cali color, etc...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

I don't know why I never noticed them before, but the Dunlop Tortex "The Wedge" picks look like the exact thing I am wanting. Strange how I never noticed them before. Hmmm... I tried the Ultex ones and they are great and last forever, but I need that sharper tip. I guess I'll find out if "The Wedge" picks are going to be exactly what I wanted after I order some.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2003, 03:50 PM

I love the red Jazz 3 picks
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-21-2003, 03:41 AM

if you like tortexes, try ultexes - like tortexes, but indestructible.

i like the black jazzIIIs - i wish they came made of the ultex stuff.. *sigh* .. i really really kid you not when i say the ultexes are indestructible.

~A

Tags
dunlop tortex

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode