Pics of a discontinued Boss pedal (PS3) - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Cool Pics of a discontinued Boss pedal (PS3)

I was looking at some pedals I have laying around which don't use often. One of which is this Boss PS-3. I thought I'd post some pics because they don't make this one anymore and I thought some of you might find it interesting. So here are a few pics.

I think this is the predecessor of the PS-5 but this one differs quite a bit. It functions as a delay pedal which can go up to 2 seconds. It's cool to play around with. And this one also has the option of adding an additional second harmony to what you're playing. So you've got three voice harmonies coming out of the speaker which sounds quite cool. Very big sounding... But you can't choose a scale; the two harmonies are fixed. So you can only use it certain ways. One bummer, though, is that the three notes aren't heard all at once. The second harmony is heard after a very short pause which detracts from the effect to a degree. Anyway, then it also has detune and pitch shift effects which you can also blend with each other in certain ways. It's all very cool. You can get that sound that Joe Satriani used on 'Baroque' for instance, from the 'Time machine' record. I also tried using it to get that guitar sound from the Satch song 'Super colossal' but because of the short pause before the second harmony it doesn't sound as good. Anyway, it's a cool pedal. Although I don't use it that often.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 10:44 AM

Re: Pics of a discontinued Boss pedal (PS3)

Cool man I love learning about gear. However I think its a little too complex for me! I struggle getting Pod to do what I want it to....

Take care,

Chris
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, you get a lot of effects in a single pedal which is cool. It's got a lot of options but when you start dialing the knobs you just encounter all these cool sounds. It's really not as confusing as it seems/sounds.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 03:09 PM

Reviews: 57

That was actually a great pedal. I used to use the pitch one with pitch A/B +/- a couple of cents for a nice chorus like effect.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 06:03 PM

Although I don't use it that often.[/QUOTE]

Some guy was selling one of these for £110 on the pineapster site, which I thought was a bit steep seen as I got a boss delay d-6 for £45, and new it was £139, each to their own, I just think a pedal used is not worth that kind of money, I would want a tube driven pedal for that or at least analog
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 07:53 PM

PS-3 is a sought after pedal but the post rock crowd, I believe they are going to re-release it because it was so popular, Matt Bellamy from Muse used one a bit back in the day too
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 10:44 PM

i've got a PS-5.. it does sooo much! I just use it as a pitch shifter for the most part.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 09:08 AM

I thought this was going to be a thread about playstation 3. Darn it.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Goodland View Post
I thought this was going to be a thread about playstation 3. Darn it.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011, 04:18 AM

Reviews: 130

I think the Super Shifter is the newer version of this pedal...

Tags
boss , discontinued , ps3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode