Ibanez JEM Forum banner
33K views 133 replies 70 participants last post by  Rudy 
#1 ·
Ok, here are my amps, both are all-tube and handmade. They are not Boutique amps or expensive amps. They are one of the 2 popular tube amps made in Argentina as an affordable alternative to Mesa and the like.

The one in the left has 4 6l6 and 5 12AX7 with a sound close to the one found in the Dual Rectifier (its named Dual Metal so...). The black one has 2 EL34 and 4 12AX7 and has a JCM800 vibe.

Each of this heads with a 2x12 cost me about 800/900 USD. Considering a Dual Rectifier head would cost you more than 2.5k in Argentina.... well you can see why this amps came to existance.

Im very happy with both of them, and I wanted to share a pic.

Why dont we all share a pic of our rigs?

See less See more
#35 ·
Yo, toshiro, what cab are you using?

Elcid, I hate you. The last 25/25 silver jubilee I saw for sale in England was £700. I have yet to see a Slash sig head. Wanna swap for my Laney? :D

Stygian, you got any sound clips of your MP1? I only used my MP1 as stock, and loved it - heard the 3TM mod, but REALLY didn't like it.

#38 ·
Stygian, you got any sound clips of your MP1? I only used my MP1 as stock, and loved it - heard the 3TM mod, but REALLY didn't like it.
I tried recording with it last night, but I don't have the proper equipment to represent the amp accurately. So, no soundclips, but there are a couple on the ADAdepot page. It sounds kind of like a Mesa/Boogie Triaxis. Just sharpen the MP-1 tone more, add a bit more gain and scoop the mids, more modernized. Yes, I still like the stock MP-1 tone as well, I just had to make a choice to mod it or not since I only have one of these right now.

#36 ·
Haha, I guess I'm the only one with a crappy Marshall MG100 combo. My live setup is a Line 6 POD XT Pro + Line FBV Shortboard Controller and a Digitech Twin Tube Preamp as backup.

I'm going to save my money for an ENGL Special Edition 6L6 and an ENGL 4x12 cab loaded with vintage 30s. Of course this will cost a lot of money, but since I'm just a student yet, there's no need of such an Amp now. But maybe in the next 5 years, I'll have the cash to get a decent Amp.

#40 ·
This is my versatile jam amp/small gig amp. It wasn't all that expensive to put together around $1000, all tube and the 2x12 cabs are easier to transport then a 4x12. I have 6v6's and el34's with this setup. Covers allot of ground from clean to blues and classic rock all the way to 80's metal and modern metal. I a/b and a+b and also use a clean boost. Stealth and a Laney aor ptl with two 2x12 cabs loaded with celestion g12k85's.

And this is my other stuff.

2ch Dual rec/tremoverb on framus dragon, dsl/jcm 800 2205 on 1960tv, peavey ultra plus/modded aor on 1960tv, 5151ii/xxx on 1960a r30, 50 cal el84v/peavey classic 50 on 1965a.

#42 ·
mmmmmm I have to find some pictures.... I have got so far:

- 1949 Deluxe
- 1967 Fender Bassman
- 1969 Fender Vibrochamp
- 1971 Marshall Superbass
- 1974 Fender Champ
- Marshall 2554 Silver Jubilee
- Marshall 2555SL Slash signature
- Marshall 6100 30th Anniversary
- Marshall Lead 12 (1st)
- Marshall Lead 12 (2nd)
- Tech21 Trademark 10

#51 · (Edited)
Nothing too fancy, but I've kinda tweaked my rig for gig-convenience. Working on snagging a Lehle switcher so that I can go between amps and blend them together. Pretty nice sounding setup really! :) The pedalboard has changed a bit - I've added a Catalinbread Silverkiss overdrive (in place of the Ultimate Octave) and have taken the TubeKing off (the Bogner footswitch has taken its place). It changes constantly though :)

#52 ·
How strange, vaijem777. Even though you did the img tag right, the pic ain't appearin'. :sad: :)

Looking at all the pics in this thread has been a real treat! You guys really got some mind blowing rigs! I'll post a pic of my setup too, soon. I've got a 25 Watt Park amp, a Boss ME-6, a cry baby and a whammy. It's pretty cool.

Alwin

#61 ·
No amp atm, so no pic I'm afraid.

I will pick up a small tube amp nearer the summer time, just for conveniance really. I don't need a big amp at all, just something quiet enough for practising but loud enough to jam with occasionally. Probably get a Laney LC15/LC30.

I only use my V-Amp through my PC now, which suits my needs tbh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.