Ibanez JEM Forum banner
33K views 133 replies 70 participants last post by  Rudy 
#1 ·
Ok, here are my amps, both are all-tube and handmade. They are not Boutique amps or expensive amps. They are one of the 2 popular tube amps made in Argentina as an affordable alternative to Mesa and the like.

The one in the left has 4 6l6 and 5 12AX7 with a sound close to the one found in the Dual Rectifier (its named Dual Metal so...). The black one has 2 EL34 and 4 12AX7 and has a JCM800 vibe.

Each of this heads with a 2x12 cost me about 800/900 USD. Considering a Dual Rectifier head would cost you more than 2.5k in Argentina.... well you can see why this amps came to existance.

Im very happy with both of them, and I wanted to share a pic.

Why dont we all share a pic of our rigs?

See less See more
#11 ·
Ive tried the old cream (now VE Nu Twin) and they are pretty good too. The best sounding amp of all the Cream and VE line up is the is the Cream BS800 IMHO, but keep in mind its not a high gain amp. Among high gain amps, I llsay the the VE Nu Twin is similar to the Dual Metal.

#25 ·
They are called Cream.

There are 2 popular all tube amps brands that are made in Argentina. This are both Cream (BS800 and Dual Metal models), and the other one is called Vintage Electric.

They make a lot of sense if you live in Argentina where a good USA o or English all tube amp head will cost you above 1100 (for a 50 watt Laney) and up to 3K for a Mesa

#26 ·
Good to see some love for the ADA MP1, Stygian! I really miss mine. Must get another one sometime...

Elcid, how much was your Slash sig head? I've heard they are very similar to Silver Jubilee series amps. If so, I want one!

Pic of my Laney soon... 'Tis only a GH50L into 1 12inch speaker from my old Marshal MGDFX250, which really doesn't do the amp justice, but I really cannae afford a proper cab. Donations accepted :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.