Pictures of everyone's recording studio or recording gear - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-03-2002, 05:07 AM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Pictures of everyone's recording studio or recording gear

I thought it would be cool to see pics of everyone's recording studio or recording gear that they have plus get a run down of some of the main gear in their studios. If you have a website throw it in here as well so we can all check it out!! I know that there has to be some sweet studios within THIS forum!!

Anyhow I dont have a wide angle lense to show you all of my studio but here are a couple pics. If you want to see more pics of the rest of it you can go to: www.excaliberstudio.com

• Some of the gear:

32x8 Mackie with meter bridge
    4 Alesis ADAT XT's (32 tracks)
    Alesis BRC (controls my computer, ADAT's, and my Korg Triton sequencer)
    2 Digitech GSP 2101 LE's (gold)
    Eventide H3000-D/SX
    Ensoniq DP/4
    Digitech Studio Quad
    Digitech Valve FX
    ADA MicoCab II
    BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer
    Proteus World module
    2 ART 352 31 band EQ's
    Behringer Ultramizer Pro
    Behringer Ultra Comp Pro
    Symetrix 528 vocal processor

There are various mics and other rack gear, DAT decks, CD burner, and plus all the computer software and sound cards and stuff but thts allot of the stuff in my studio.

I know Bob has a nice setup once it all gets up and going for his house. So lets see who all the gear heads and recording freaks are in the forum!!! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-17-2002, 11:51 AM

A humble studio but I get some decent sounds.Takes time to master the art though.Great gear is no substitute for great technique.Here's a pic

Here is my .com site http://www.paulsecondino.com
[/url]
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-17-2002, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Yeah I agree. I recorded at the Art Institute in Seattle when I was 17 years old and they had a studio that was basically a replica of Studio X at Bad Animals recording studio. I was a student's "project". They had to do a 3 song demo and presskit. Anyhow when everything was done being recorded I could honestly say that I had recorded things on my 4 track tape cassette recorder that sounded better!!! lol

I think studios are just one of those thing where you should buy one piece of gear at a time and learn to use it inside and out and then move to he next piece. I have seen too many studios where someone got a $20,000 credit card and bought everything they wanted and then they never took the time to learn how to use it. When the Engineer pulls out a manual to see how to do something on a piece of gear........... I think I would pack my gear up and request a refund!! lol
post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-17-2002, 03:26 PM

My studio? Um...er...non-existent as of now. lol Actually I've got Pro-Tools Free on my computer, and I'm about to get a 4-track recorder.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 02:18 PM
ns9

Hi! This thread is a bit old, but I just took some pics of my studio. Still finishing wiring and getting everything put away and cleaned up, but will update when done. And since I am an HTML idiot, have not put in regular page format. Lotta work...my little world. Oh- personal studio, not doing any outside work currently. Nikki
http://www.nintheye.com/files/studio/
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 02:31 PM
Vendor

Damn Nicki, string changing day must take all month!!
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 05:03 PM

Here's how my studio was supposed to look:

Here's how it really looks:

But, hey, it gets a lot more use in the basement!

Current gear: Gateway PIII-550 system w/ Lexicon Core 2 card and Cakewalk Pro Audio 9, (2) ART Tube Channel preamps, (2) ART TPS preamps, Behringer Multicom compressor, Carvin monitors/power amps/mixers/headphones/etc.

--B
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 10:02 AM

Nikki... that's sick. Totally and completely sick. You should be locked up... then I could live in your house

After seeing all that, I must ask the obligatory ...what do you do for a living?
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 10:15 PM

i was thinkin the same dave
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 11:06 PM

Yea...and what's with the freakin hospital bed?!
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bduersch
Here's how my studio was supposed to look:

Here's how it really looks:

But, hey, it gets a lot more use in the basement!

Current gear: Gateway PIII-550 system w/ Lexicon Core 2 card and Cakewalk Pro Audio 9, (2) ART Tube Channel preamps, (2) ART TPS preamps, Behringer Multicom compressor, Carvin monitors/power amps/mixers/headphones/etc.

--B
I thought you were going to upgrade that computer? What happened? You gotta get on the gighertz wagon, man!!
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris20
I thought you were going to upgrade that computer? What happened? You gotta get on the gighertz wagon, man!!
Yeah, I know, but when I stopped and looked at the price, I started having second thoughts--mostly because a new computer would mean a new operating system, which would also mean a new version of Cakewalk and a new digital audio card. Slow as it is, this PIII system can still record on half a dozen tracks at a time and play back on about 20 before bogging down, so I can live with it for the time being.

Another major factor in not upgrading the studio computer was time... we're getting ready to start recording our second CD, and getting a new computer, getting all the software set up, and getting all the files copied over would probably set our recording back a month or so!

Someday (sigh...)

--B
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 04:25 PM
ns9

Hi! Yesh- major sickness. Some guitars on loan were absent for the photos Eventually I will take individual photos of each, and put them on my site...which is being overhauled...
I used to work in the adult entertainment industry. No films tho. Err...no professional ones. Alot of people like sex, and being naked, or watching naked people. I like being naked. Cannot stand shoes, and clothes r a close second. Seemed natural to be in a business where I could be happy AND make money.
The hospital bed is due to a motorcycle accident in Sept 2001. Left me paralyzed for life. So, no more work , but I sold my car and motorcycles, and took that money (and a good part of my savings) and bought a house, had it wired with Cat5e for a LAN (rj-45 outlets in every room, main router in studio, 2 ports in the living room and game/movie room, single outlet in all others) rounded out my guitar and bass collection, and built computers for running Pro Tools in both my studio and my bedroom. The studio just underwent a renovation in February, and I am still rewiring and sorting thru the junk, hence the clutter and mess The injuries were severe enough that it keeps me bed-ridden most days still, and the hospital bed makes it easier to sit and use the computer (LCD in pic is mounted on a hospital table via LCD arm. Table swings across bed).
Soon, I will be grabbing an FTP storage online so I can work with other musicians from here. Would love to find a good drummer to work with, as well as a singer at some point, for my main project, i9. Would be really cool to do a CD from all online collaboration with other guitar, bass and keyboard players Looking into setting up all I need to produce and sell CD's. So- anyone who may be interested in doing this type of thing, let me know. Nikki
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 04:28 PM
ns9

Oh- and Rich- I dont change strings...I just call you and buy guitars you have just put new strings on.. hehehehehe...
Nikki
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-18-2003, 12:12 AM

Good lord, Nikki you gots alot of guitars...

And Rikk, I will not bother to post pics of my setup fearing it will be viewed upon as comedy in this thread.

Tags
alesis midiverb , dunlop crybaby , ebony board , electric guitar , floating trems , gold lace sensors , guitar collection , lace sensor , lace sensors , les paul , les paul custom , marshall tsl , mesa recto , power amp , power amps , rosewood board , sonic maximizer , sound forge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in