Planet Waves Lock Strap - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Planet Waves Lock Strap

I've recently bought a Planet Waves Planet Lock Strap and although it looks really cool and has a nice 3" wide shoulder pad thing i'm really nervous about the locking ends, a few times i've picked my RG up off its stand and the strap has been detached. It hasn't dropped while playing but i'm concerned it might. The locks just don't seem to engage securely and the release button is too weak. I use a dimarzio strap lock on my Jem, but thought this would be good for using on multiple guitars where the dimarzio is a bit awkward when you're swapping and changing.

Any feelings? Comments?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 08:17 AM

Reviews: 18
Re: Planet Waves Lock Strap

Get the Schaller strap locks or the Jim Dunlop ones.

Jimmy
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 08:30 AM

Re: Planet Waves Lock Strap

If you are concerned, I would get rid of it.
You want your guitar to be safe at all times (obviously), so just change it out for something else. I have heard nothing but good things about the Schaller strap locks. Most people seem to like those.

I use DiMarzio Cliplocks all the time, and I agree with what you said definitely. You can't exactly swap and change them around very quickly. Unless your using the same colour on every guitar. So in that respect, they arent what your looking for. Even though they are the best straps around IMO.

Give the Schaller's a try though.

Tags
dimarzio cliplock , dimarzio strap , jim dunlop , planet waves , schaller strap locks , strap lock , strap locks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode