Planet Waves Solderless Cables - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Planet Waves Solderless Cables

Are the solderless connections available from planet waves (custom cable packs, etc) the same connection used within the standard precut, prepackaged planet waves cables? Within the same topic, are the qualities comparable? ("Homemade" PW vs "Storebought" PW?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 07:24 PM

Re: Planet Waves Solderless Cables

My rig is filled with both,i've had absolutely no issues with either. Obviously i have the pre- packaged versions for guitar to amp connections and speaker cab etc,and self assembled customs through out my rack for exact length patch leads etc. After 5 years of touring i have (for the first time) had NO cable issues,they sound clearer and 'bigger' and assembling the custom lengths for all my rack applications was fun/enjoyable. The 'pre-made' versions are like any other lead in the fact they are soldered and permanently moulded into their rubber skins but the jack itself is the same for both types.The cables are different in the fact that the pre-made versions are one signal direction style,so one end is for amp,the other guitar etc. I have older versions with the spring clips on the jack,though this feature has changed and the springs are now gone! I also have the newer versions without the spring and there is no noticeable difference IMO. They are still gold plated jacks and now the custom cable jacks are available in 'cosmo' chrome finish which looks great in my rig.
I have been VERY happy with the range and have never used a better lasting set of leads in my time,the custom kits have been a godsend to me as a rack guy.
Worth every penny from my experience.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

I was debating on getting the custom cable box, but I'm leaning towards it being a good idea.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 12:46 AM

George L's mmh
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 04:27 PM

I have the pedal board pack (the one with 10 right angle connectors and 10 feet of cable) and a standard 20' Planet waves circuit breaker cable. The cable and connector types are the same, and the quality of connection is equivalent.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode