which pod? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

which pod?

I have enough cash to buy a line 6 pod... but im wondering which one..
I have a pal that use a pod 2, and i think its great, but how is the pod xt compared to it.... the pod xt is much more expensive than the pod 2 (where i live anyway) and im just wondering if it is worth it...

Or should i buy over the internet from the us or something???

help me out here guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 06:07 PM

Well, first of all, it would be nice, if you put your location in your profile, so we could help you out whether it would be wiser to buy it in the US or not...

Anyway, I'd go for the XT, because it has the newer and better sounding models and more effects in it. The XT is practically the follow-up model of the POD 2. So if you can get it for a reasonable price, do it.

Fabe
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

my location is norway...(i dont know how to change it....please tell me)

the price of a pod 2 is about 450 dollars + - (i think, not much of an math genius)

the price of a pod xt is about 700 + -

i dont know what the prices is in the us but perhaps you can show me a link to a good cheap store there???

thanks for your help
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabe
Anyway, I'd go for the XT, because it has the newer and better sounding models and more effects in it.

Fabe
I've had a couple of people tell me that they think many of the POD 2.0's models sounded better than the XT's. I've owned a 2.0 for a while now and I love it!! I mainly use it for practicing in my apartment though. not much else. I personally think the POD XT is overpriced....
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

thats exatcly what im talking about.... i like the pod 2, but is the xt so good that its worth giving so much money for??!! anyway what is the us price for them??
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 04:36 PM

A tube person would say yes. Im not saying as a tube person I feel personally that the XT sounds like a real tube amp, but I like the sound much better. Its a bit more natural and the FX are pretty good. It has a ton of effects compared to the 2.0. Its alot more flexable with parameters like were to put amps and effects in a signal chain. You can put drive effects before amps etc...

In terms of sound I believe the XT is much better. Thats IMO.
In terms of parameters and tweakability thiers many more sounds to be had.
It has alot more programming options and connectability.
It will cost you about 100$ more in the US.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

than what???

the price in norway for an xt?

thanks for your help
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 06:11 PM

I cant help you when it comes to prices in Norway, but I can tell you the Pod 2.0 in the US runs $249 (new) and the Pod XT runs $399 (new) everywhere i've seen. IMO the price difference is ridiculous and not worth it

The one thing that the XT does have that would be of great value to me is the USB out that you can use for straight connect to your computer. Even with that, I couldn't see spending another $150 on the XT. Thats just my view though...
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

dude! you must give me an adresse that sells that xt to 399... in norway it is about 450 dollars for a pod 2.... so i think im making a killer if i order it from the us!

thanks for the prices!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 09:44 PM

Well, you have to take a couple things into account if you were to order it from the US.......tax and shipping. After you get hit with tax and shipping charges to overseas, you would barely be saving anything :-\
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 10:23 PM

Don't forget the different mains power ratings...And if you ever need a warranty service you may need to bare the cost of sending it back to the states and getting it back.

wil..
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-23-2003, 06:06 AM

I still am running off of the original POD, but I think I'm going to get the upgrade chip for it, to 2.0.

At some point I'll consider an XT, when the price goes down.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-23-2003, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

yeah thats my only problem.... the money it takes to get it to norway...
well well....what is the prices in the uk then? ive heard its cheap there, and if i buy something from there it would be less money for the tax and shipping right???

Tags
tube amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode