Pod Pro - Opinions on using the pod pro live..?.. - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Pod Pro - Opinions on using the pod pro live..?..

Considering getting a Pod Pro and was wondering if any of you have used this in a live setting. *What were your results? *Did you use a power amp (tube or SS), or did you just run direct? *Thanks in advance.

Dave

(Edited by lastsupper at 5:13 pm on Jan. 4, 2001)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 04:33 PM

Pod Pro

I don't actually own it yet but will by the end of the month. Anyway, here is my plans and I hope this helps...

GTR > Volume Pedal > Pod Pro > (loop: GT-3) > Tech 21 Power Amp > P.A.

The Tech 21 Power Amp is simply a power amp with a 12" speaker but the big plus is that it has XLR's In and Out. So I will be able to use a higher quality cable (a.k.a. better overall, originally intended sound) from the Pod all the way to the P.A.

Again hope this help.

-Andrew
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 07:19 PM

Pod Pro

ellsobrien, *The POD Pro also has XLR outs. *If you're going to be running direct to a board, I recommend using the XLR outs of the pod pro into the board and using the 1/4" outputs of the pod pro into the power engine.

This setup lets you use the pod pro's speaker simulator into the PA and allows you to hear a 'natural' signal through your tech 21. *

Of course do whatever sounds best to you, but I think after you get your POD Pro you'll see what I mean.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 10:45 PM

Pod Pro

FYI,

For more information on the POD, there is a review in this months Guitar Player. (I think Lenny Kravitz is on the cover). *By the way, I got mine about 3 months ago and every day I find a new cool sound. *This unit is awesome live or in the studio. *I agree with above posts, just plug the thing into your board and use the normal PA setup.

JC
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2001, 09:37 AM

Pod Pro

dwswift - Thanks for the info.
My concern is that I won't be able to "hear" myself onstage just through the monitors. I like to be able to walk near "my speaker" to up my mix if needed. :-)
Have you had this problem (not cutting through a mix on stage through the monitors) or do I simply have a bad case of narcissism?
Also, that would be my live setup (above) of course in the studio I would be going direct to board.

Thank you
-Andrew
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2001, 08:04 PM

Pod Pro

ellsobrien, I think you may have misunderstood me a bit. *One thing the pod pro really has going for it, is that it has a "live mode".

In Live Mode, You can have your pods signal be sent directly to the board with the XLR outputs (with the cabinet emulator on) AND have the same signal go out the 1/4" outputs (minus cabinet emulation) into your power amp. *

That way you can alway turn up your power amp if you're not getting enough of yourself through the monitors. *

I hope I'm making sense here...
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2001, 09:37 PM

Pod Pro

dwswift - oh that is way cool!
BTW I just ran out and picked up the Gtr Player mag and it is full of very usefull info as well.
Thanks for your help. Gosh, I ca not wait untill I pick this unit up and start shedding with it!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2001, 06:59 AM

Pod Pro

if you need patches checkout this site
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip...od-studio.html
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2001, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Pod Pro

Thanks for the feedback, I'm thinkin of replacing my triaxis with the pod pro. *I was dinking around and hooked it up through my 290 and was pretty impressed with the tones. *I'm going to have to do a serious a/b of the two units. ......Anyone interested in a Triaxis with the Abacus foot controller??... *

Dave

Tags
pod pro , power amp , volume pedal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode