POD through a PA for gigs ? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

POD through a PA for gigs ?

Any of you guys have any experience running a POD through a PA for gigs. I am getting a new amp next week and was going to sell my old one and take the POD to gigs for a backup, does it work ? Obviously it would be for emergencies only.

I really don't fancy carting 2 amps to every gig.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 11:01 AM

Re: POD through a PA for gigs ?

I usually use my XT Live for duo or smaller gigs where we take our own PA. I don't use it for full-band gigs simply because we're normally in larger venues and you just can't always rely on a good monitor mix from some venues.

I usually keep it with me as a backup for full-band gigs though. Ya just never know
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 11:04 AM

My friens band does that exclusively. He uses a Bass Pod through the PA and the guitar player uses a Pod through the PA.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys, just what I wanted to hear.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 02:01 PM

My friend tried it for a while and quickly went back to using regular amps.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 03:49 AM

yeah tried it a few times... I dont have a floor one so I gaffer taped it to a music stand.. was ok.. set up time was great... I had difficulties hearing cause we only had two foldbacks and the vocalists were complaining of too much instrument in the foldback mix... So had to trust the POD tuner and the guy manning the PA that what I was playing sounded ok out front...

Apart from the technical difficulties it sounded ok... plus it was nice to have stereo effects If I was going to do it again.. id want my own foldback/monitor ..

I see more and more bands (not TV bands but local bands etc) going digital all the time... makes alot of sense on a tight budget and from a mixing and logistical point of view.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 01:26 PM

it's easy setup. running the pod thru the pa is what sold me on line6. now i use line6 exclusively. i used to just run the pod thru the pa with a monitor mix only and the audience gave me rave reviews. at that time i was using 5150's, those were just too loud for the clubs we were playing. the pod fit great. going on 5 years with the line6.

rich

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode