POD XT PC Controller Software - Confused - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

POD XT PC Controller Software - Confused

Well I am going to set up the Pod XT this weekend to run via USB. There are a few questions I have that the Line 6 website doesn't answer so I was wondering if anybody here could help, if you've got any experience of this:

1) I can use the POD XT via USB and then record direct down the USB cable. Presumably this offers the advantage of still being able to alter the settings during playback, but only on one track at a time - is this correct?

2) However I can do this by routing the POD as a send effect anyway. It gives me a couple free inputs on my Delta 4/4, but isn't that great an advantage. What other advantages for recording does the USB interface offer?

3) I am aware that the other advantage the USB interface offers is on-screen editing, hard disk storage for patches, etc. But there appears to be 2 sets of software available from Line 6 website, either: PODXT Edit, or GuitarPort. What is the difference, and which should I go for? This does not seem obvious at all....

Thanks in advance chaps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 12:21 PM

1) This interests me as well because I'm thinking of buying one, too.
3) Well, I would get the PODxt software because you bought the PODxt, not the GuitarPort. Or am I thinking too logically here?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

GuitarPort now works with it too, very confused
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 02:29 AM

Just try both of them!
But I'm sure some of the other guys here on the forum know which one you should get.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 05:57 AM Thread Starter

Its hard enough getting good studio performance out of a PC without installing two different bits of software just to see which works. I keep all plugins etc. to a minimum and run a seperate OS for audio. This said, I can run a Ghost image to revert to my "perfect state" at any time, so if nobody answers in the next hour or two, I will try it & let you know how get on. I think GuitarPort includes the PodEdit software but can't make out for sure.

(inspiration strikes) perhaps I should have asked Line6. However I thought I'd get an answer quicker here....
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 05:32 AM Thread Starter

Well I installed the GuitarPort over the weekend, started with the band on Sunday and Cubase SX keep freezing, so I booted back to my ghost image.

I'll try the PodEdit next, but it looked like GuitarPort gave you a whole load of new patches which might not be in PodEdit.

Will let you know,

Jamie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode