Pod XT vs Vamp II - Page 2 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 05:51 PM
Dee

Re: Pod XT vs Vamp II

My V-Amp Pro is reliable, and far from garbage. In fact plenty of people who own Behringer stuff usually say it's very good. I will post sound clips of the Behringer soon, taking it through it's various sounds. Meanwhile, here's the first track I made using the V, which I don't think turned out badly at all. Even the "bass" is recorded through it, though it's just a guitar which was transposed down an octave using Audition after it was recorded.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/dee-unde...-2007-mp3.html

Another member here has just bought a V-Amp Pro on my recommendation and he loves it. I also know people who've owned the V-Amp 2 for ages and they like it. It hasn't died.

So, enough of the "Behringer is garbage" comments, please. It simly isn't true. The V-Amp Pro is the best recording / practice amp, bar none.

Last edited by Dee; 06-03-2007 at 09:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 10:14 PM

/\ behringer makes some garbage pa stuff, but most of the guitar stuff i've tried is great. remember, guitar and PA is totally different. and hek, if dee says the v-amp pro is good - it's good!
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 04:08 AM

I bought the v-amp pro after chatting to Dee about it. It's a marvellous bit of kit. Over the years I've owned Line6, Digitech, Boss, Zoom boxes etc., and this is about the only one I've plugged straight in and got a decent sound....the boss gt-3 took me literally weeks to tweak till it sounded decent for what I needed it for. Straight away here I've got a rhythm sound (actually quite a few!) and a couple of lead sounds I'd be happy to record with/gig with, with minimal tweaking.

So far I've just had a play with the higher gain sounds, which are excellent...they sound realistic and organic, which is why I don't like Pods (in particular their metal sounds, which aren't the best in my opinion - I've tried loads of Line6 stuff, and their metal sounds just sound lame to me...either weedy, or far too much gain). It's dead easy to use, store patches etc, and as far as I can tell, isn't any more or any less noisy than any other units I've owned.

The other point here is that this thing only cost me 110 quid, which is frankly ridiculous (and that included delivery). I think that's cheaper than ANY other unit I've ever owned (the Zoom I got back in 1994 cost more I think !!), and it sounds better than all the others. It's pretty damn solid, and like Dee said, it has loads of connectivity options should you need them.

highly recommended
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 01:43 PM

Hey, that was a fun listen, Dee! All the effects were from the V-amp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
My V-Amp Pro is reliable, and far from garbage. In fact plenty of people who own Behringer stuff usually say it's very good. I will post sound clips of the Behringer soon, taking it through it's various sounds. Meanwhile, here's the first track I made using the V, which I don't think turned out badly at all. Even the "bass" is recorded through it, though it's just a guitar which was transposed down an octave using Audition after it was recorded.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/dee-unde...-2007-mp3.html

Another member here has just bought a V-Amp Pro on my recommendation and he loves it. I also know people who've owned the V-Amp 2 for ages and they like it. It hasn't died.

So, enough of the "Behringer is garbage" comments, please. It simly isn't true. The V-Amp Pro is the best recording / practice amp, bar none.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 02:35 PM

VAMP2 is MY Talent Booster pedal

Before I get flamed, I edit this to emphasize the "my"
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 04:44 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
Hey, that was a fun listen, Dee! All the effects were from the V-amp?
Yeah, all effects are from the V. I'll tell you what's happening:

Clean guitar (panned a little to the left) has a touch of chorus, reverb and stereo delay.

I doubled it with the "watery" sounding guitar (panned slightly to the right) which has (I think) phaser and a little reverb.

2 x distorted guitars (panned left and right) also have a little chorus on them, plus reverb and stereo delay.

Bass was actually played on guitar through the V-Amp and then later transposed down an octave. I think the bass was just done with a little compression from the V-Amp, no other effects.

Drums were made from samples. These were single hits (a snare, a kick, 3 toms, 3 cymbals, etc) and arranged by hand (took a long time).
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 10:10 PM

Sorry Dee but i know tons of people who own vamp2's and they die, i said nothing about the vamp-pro or vamp2-pro, though it as well is far far from "the best recording / practice amp, bar none." And the rectifier model sounds nowheres near the real thing..
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 11:57 PM
Dee

None of the models sound like the real thing. I have owned the JCM 800 it tries to copy too, and it's not even close, but what I get in the Rectifier model is a very usable sound.

Your arguments are not convincing me. There are many people who are happy with their V-Amp 2's and V-Amp Pro's who disagree with you, and I'll go along with those guys rather than the people who jump on the Behringer bashing bandwagon. You can say what you want. I own the V-Amp Pro and I am no n00b when it comes to guitar equipment. I have sold it as a salesman in stores, I have played through countless amps, and I have owned some serious amplification over the last 27 years. The Pro is a great piece of equipment, end of story.

So, can you name one practice / recording tool that's better than a V-Amp Pro for £100? I couldn't find one, and I did an awful lot of research before buying. Nothing comes close for this kind of money.
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 11:59 AM

Go on harmony central and read the reviews for vamp-2's and you will find it is a very common problem.. if you have never heard of the issue, you don't know too many who own a vamp2.. i had one for a year or two and i thought it was great at first but after comparing the podxt, i found the sounds were not near as solid or realistic as the pod's.. the pod has it for versatility as well... all of the vamp2 dirty sounds are very similar, and you can distinguish which cab model the person is using from a mile away..(which is usually cab 15) it seems to have more of a factor in the flavour of the tone then the amp model does..

you didn't mention anything about the cost of them till now.. you said the best, bar none.. so that would mean you are comparing it to all line6 pods, roland gp, boss gt's, digitech gnx4, vox valvetronix combos & multi fx, tech21 amps, roland cubes, mesa boogie triaxis, rocktron..... i am not arguing that the vamp-pro (vamp 1 rack model?) is not a decent tool, but regular vamp2's are made out of plastic, and have a defect.. and to say that vamp > every other practice amp, preamp, or any multi fx unit----its just foolish
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibateur View Post
VAMP2 is MY Talent Booster pedal
That should be in the "expensive gear" thread!
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Finally got the M audio reloaded thing here and the amp models are quite nice, especially the soldano and the bogner. Not rmembering much lately but i think it sounds nicer than the pod XT.

Great Stuff
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 04:15 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun View Post
and to say that vamp > every other practice amp, preamp, or any multi fx unit----its just foolish
Obviously I'm comparing products in the same price bracket.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 12:39 AM

I just got a pod XT. And through my soundboard, the sound I hear in the headphones when I play is the EXACT sound that gets recorded. And I disagree with those that say it can't do a good metal sound.

I find the best results for a heavy dist. tone happen when I take one of the high gain fuzzboxofdeath settings and turn the gain to like 3 or 4. Then I go into the cab simulation settings and choose different kinds until I get in the ballpark of an okay sound. Then I adjust the mids and bass to my liking, then play with the treble and presence until it sounds good.

It's not -amazing-. But to me it sounds just as good as other digitally recorded metal tones.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 08:19 AM

Reviews: 6

I paid 3 time more for my XT Live than I did my V-AMP PRO. Is the Line 6 3 times better... no. The effects on the Line 6 KILL the Behringer but, the amp models are I'd say within being 85% as good as the XTL. Some models infact being better. If you on a budget, get the V-AMP PRO for connectivity. If you're not on a tight budget, do what I did and get both, as they sound different and the Behringer is cheap enough.

Tags
boogie triaxis , mesa boogie , mesa boogie triaxis , power amp , practice amp , roland cube , sounding guitar , speaker cab , tube amp , tube amps , van halen , vox valvetronix

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how to use pod farm on vamp

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode