The POD2.0 still gettin it done - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Banned

The POD2.0 still gettin it done

I was recording with my JSX only for a while, but since my JSX wasn't home last week, I got out the POD and reminded myself why I bought it. I'm not a purist when it comes to recording, so I'll use what works. My G&L Legacy seems to really like the POD2.0. I used to run a compressor in front of it to give me more articulation. But it's in the pedal board downstairs, so I'm lazy and just plug and go.

I know there are nice direct units out there, but this is the only one besides the XTLive pedal board that I've used.

Nice warm tone on this little (butchered) clip here. No EQ, just POD.

http://www.christianbattleofthebands.com/G&L%20JS.mp3

Let's hear clips of other direct units.

Darin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 07:49 PM

Re: The POD2.0 still gettin it done

i think your playing is good.. however, id rather hear this with the jsx.. i have the podxt and it is great for some things, but a stand alone track unmixed, it sounds really really fake to me.. you should post a similar rendition of this so we can compare the two.. i think this is a good tone for an amp modeler, but just doesnt do it for me if a nice tube amp was available.. (not sure if thats the kind of response you're looking for lol..)
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun View Post
i think your playing is good.. however, id rather hear this with the jsx.. i have the podxt and it is great for some things, but a stand alone track unmixed, it sounds really really fake to me.. you should post a similar rendition of this so we can compare the two.. i think this is a good tone for an amp modeler, but just doesnt do it for me if a nice tube amp was available.. (not sure if thats the kind of response you're looking for lol..)
I don't have a mic cable at home right now, or I would do a clip of the JSX as well. Good idea. The POD is by no means perfect at anything. But for ease of use, and versatility, it's a pretty darn good little unit.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 08:17 PM

Nice clip Darin! I think the POD is great for those of us who want an easy, less expensive recording option. I've been wanting one for a while.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin View Post
I don't have a mic cable at home right now, or I would do a clip of the JSX as well. Good idea. The POD is by no means perfect at anything. But for ease of use, and versatility, it's a pretty darn good little unit.
i think the pods are great for practicing, doing scratch tracks in the studio, or even real tracks to go on a cd... i think it would be best for doing lead tracks or sessioning on an album--- i would prefer not to use one on a metal cd or anything like that, but with its versatility, you can get any type of sound you want, and when mixed by a professional, it will sound great.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Here's another POD clip. All the guitar tracks were done on the POD. I just did the solo tracks. This is an old song of mine that I'm trying to revive. I've been working on the first 15sec for about 6 hours over 2 days. I'm not sure what to do still. I want the song to start out like 100mph then settle into a melodic thing in the verse. Toying with the idea of harmony on the intro. G&L on one track PRS on the the other. I kinda like it. On my youtube page, you can hear the whole mini dv in a concrete gym recording of the song.

http://www.youtube.com/MrDarinWarren

here's the short POD harmony clip.
http://www.christianbattleofthebands...reen%20jam.mp3

I have a much crazier version of the solo tracks. For this clip I went back to the old solo but changed the end of it. When I get the final version tightend up of what I'm working on, I'll post it.

Last edited by Darin; 11-15-2007 at 09:09 PM.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 10:08 PM

sweet, a fellow shredder / brother in Christ!!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 08:42 AM

i do my GT-8 this sunday for yall
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 08:52 AM

Reviews: 25

Thats some awesome playing mate "props",

Id love to know the lick you play at 47 seconds in on this youtube clip. I love it (G&L Ja)
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Banned

I will TAB that out for ya tonight
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezFreak777 View Post
Thats some awesome playing mate "props",

Id love to know the lick you play at 47 seconds in on this youtube clip. I love it (G&L Ja)

Here ya go. just did it this sat morn an 7 am, so it's prob not super perfect. But it's darn close.

Guitar Pro full version will play back the notes as a midi I guess so you can check it. But I'm still using the trial version. And it unbelievably tough to take a fast noodly phrase and play all the same notes at a walking speed. When you lose the speed, you lose the feel and the note placement doesn't feel as natural. Which make you lose a note or 2 I think. I'll double check it later. But it's not far off it it's off at all.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Just got back from setting up for tomorrow. Got the XTLive pedal board. In front of that, I have a Boss compressor and a BD-2. With my tele it sounds VERY good. I'm usually unsure of the XT, but enough tweaking, while plugged into a PA is the way to go.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 04:33 PM

Loved the G&L jam video !!!!
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 05:04 PM

Here's a little song i recorded on my bro's BR-900CD, Guitar is going straight into the unit, the acoustic and bass guitar is done with the onboard processor.
And the drums are made on it aswell.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gH85VI449ek
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg5150 View Post
Loved the G&L jam video !!!!
Thanks.

Tags
amp modeler , pedal board , tube amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode