Post a photo of your pedal board. - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 165 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Post a photo of your pedal board.

Lots of people are really into pedals, and the different ways to hook them up. So post a photo of your current pedal board and maybe a brief description of the setup and the sounds.

I'm still trying to put one together but I'll come back and post a pic of what I have so far later today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 165 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 02:09 PM

Reviews: 5
Re: Post a photo of your pedal board.

Click on thumbnail for full size:

Simple stuff, just for playing at home.
post #3 of 165 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Looks like good stuff to me. whats the pedal in the middle with the red light?

Here's mine. It's sad I know but since I started the thread....
I've orderd a Morley PWAII that should arrive any day and a Boss CE-5 Chorus pedal. Once I get a delay I'll build or buy a pedal board/ata case type thing.

post #4 of 165 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 04:05 PM

Click the image below to enlarge:

Signal path:
Guitar - Tesse RMC2 Wah - SIB! Mr. Fazeadelic - Toadworks Death Rattle - EMMA ReezaFRATzitz - Xotic AC Booster - Analog Man Clone Chorus - Demeter Tremulator - Boss DD-6 Delay w/ Analog Man Hi-Cut mod - Peterson Strobostomp tuner - Xotic RC Booster - Amp.

Quick notes on certain pedals for anyone who's interested:
- RMC2 Wah: Has a volume, 'Q' control, and 5 selectable wah ranges. And your tone doesn't radically change when you switch it on (like on some Crybabys)
- Fazeadelic: Nice sounding phaser with a wide range. 2 separate adjustable rates the you can footswitch between. Nails that early 'Rush' stuff to a T.
- Death Rattle: Switch between a thick, fuzzy Plexi channel (sounds JUST like that muddy, dense Plexi tone to me!), and a full but grittier Tweed channel. I have the Tweed set for low-gain grit.
- Reeza: Early Van Halen to current Paul Gilbert more aggressive and edgy gain. My main distortion / overdrive pedal.
- AC Booster: Spongier overdrive... classic rock sound with versatile bass and treble controls. I set the gain to medium and it sounds great stacked with the low gain Tweed channel from the Death Rattle.
- AM Clone Chorus: Best and most lush chorus I've heard. Rate can get it into Leslie territory. Had the 3-way switch installed to get more crisp or more dense chorusing out of it. It IS analog, so it will break up a bit with really high output pickups combined with a strong pick attack. Hasn't been a big problem for me, and the tone far outweighs that slight inconvenience.
- Tremulator: Awesome tremolo pedal. Can add a bit of bass though on the oscillations. But really great.
- DD-6 Delay: Had the AM Hi-Cut mod which gives you the option of taking the sharp edge off the repeats this pedal produces. Now the repeats sound much more natural and ambient. Excellent.
- Peterson Tuner: Get one if you can afford it. Yes, it's worth it.
- RC Booster: unlike the AC Booster, this is a low gain / slight dirt pedal. Has very useful bass and treble controls. I use this as a solo boost pedal, so I have the gain turned all the way down, volume several db's above unity, and the bass and treble controls slightly boosted to give a bit of a fuller soundscape. Great clean boost pedal.

-Ben

Last edited by BeastofLove; 01-27-2005 at 04:13 PM.
post #5 of 165 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 04:32 PM

- 4 x DS-1 made in Japan
- 3 x Marshall Guv'nor Made in UK
- Marshall Bluesbreaker Made in UK
- Tubescreamer moded to Ts-808
- Digitech Whammy
- EH Holy Grail reverb
- Boss DD-3 delay
- Boss GE- 7 Equalizer
- Cry Baby Wha
- Line6 POD2
- Zoom 505 (good for nothing)

- MXR EVH Phase 90 (NEW, not in the picture)
post #6 of 165 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 05:10 PM

well... I just bought my 4th British Guv'nor.... Love those pedals and do not have been able to resist one I've found at a very good price....
post #7 of 165 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

lol why so many? you can only play through one or two at a time.
post #8 of 165 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 10:10 PM

post #9 of 165 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotti
Looks like good stuff to me. whats the pedal in the middle with the red light?
It's a piece of crap Zoom 505II I use for distortion and chorus. It'll stay there until I can find a good Japanese DS-1 and a CS-9.
post #10 of 165 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos seo
It's a piece of crap Zoom 505II I use for distortion and chorus. It'll stay there until I can find a good Japanese DS-1 and a CS-9.
I know your suffering...I'm stuck with one too, but iw as able to grab a DS-1 a few months ago so I'm resisting better now...but I can't stand the Delay on it anymore

I would post pics if my pedals were a bit more exciting then just a Zoom 505II and a Boss DS-1
post #11 of 165 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper-sfm
I know your suffering...I'm stuck with one too, but iw as able to grab a DS-1 a few months ago so I'm resisting better now...but I can't stand the Delay on it anymore

Actually I'm not suffering that much, since I only use it for distortion and chorus. The distortion is decent for a 16-bit digital processor in that price range. And the chorus isn't that bad at all (but too artificial for my taste -- I like analog pedals). My real complaint about 505II is that I can't run chorus in the effects loop (as we all know distortion boxes should go before the amp).

The rest of my pedals are fairly decent. I really enjoy my modded TS-9 (to TS-808 specs) and my modded GCB-95 Crybaby (shifted tonal range, buffer removed and a DPDT switch for true bypass). Dan Echo is a great delay (I really enjoy old BOSS analog delays, but it's impossible to find one in Brazil), both of my volume pedals do their job nicely and GE-7 is a very versatile and portable equalizer.

Last edited by carlos seo; 01-28-2005 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention something
post #12 of 165 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 03:38 PM

Here's my current pedalboard:

The GT6 provides all the effects, and the Nobels MS-4 and AB-V boxes handle amp switching. Got the wireless unit ready to go, along with some Christmas lights for those x-tra dark stages.

As per construction, it's built out of a 1' by 4' shelf that I got at Home Depot and covered with industrial-strength velcro. For transporting, I have a 4' keyboard case that I can load the pedalboard into.

I'm actually putting together a new pedalboard for my rack rig... it'll have a Crybaby 95Q wah, a Bad Horsie, a Sparkle Drive, a Carl Martin compressor, and a Rocktron MIDIMate for MIDI control.

--B

Last edited by bduersch; 02-26-2005 at 06:45 PM.
post #13 of 165 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 03:46 PM

http://www.geocities.com/drewpeterson7/Nomad.jpg

Behold the Pedalboard of Doom, mere mortals, behold it and weep!

-D
post #14 of 165 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew
Behold the Pedalboard of Doom, mere mortals, behold it and weep!
Yea, my pedalboard sounded ok through my Nomad 45... but the Nomad ended up being the weak link of the signal chain so it got sold

-Ben
post #15 of 165 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Nomad ended up being the weak link of the signal chain so it got sold
What is your amp now?

Tags
alesis quadraverb , boost pedal , celestion vintage , chorus pedal , custom modded , death metal , delay pedal , digitech whammy , distortion pedal , dunlop cry baby , dunlop crybaby , dunlop wah , evh phase , foot switch , high output pickups , horsie wah , ibanez jem , jim dunlop , marshall avt , marshall guv , monster cable , music store , mxr evh phase , mxr phase , noise suppressor , output pickup , overdrive pedal , paul gilbert , pedal board , peterson strobostomp , planet waves , power amp , rack wah , radial tone bone , reverb pedal , sam ash , stomp box , teese rmc , tone loss , twin reverb , uber metal , van halen , volume pedal , volume pedals , vox wah , wah pedal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode