Post your Pedalboard - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

3Likes
  • 1 Post By ibaraki_gaijin
  • 1 Post By ibaraki_gaijin
  • 1 Post By JsXLine6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Post your Pedalboard

Just testing the fix for the image posting problem and seeing if we can get a new thread going as it's quiet here.

Idea: post a shot of your current Pedalboard and let us know why you like it etc.

Mine:
- Whammy IV because I've been having a bit of a buckethead phase..
- Crybaby
- cheapo tuner
- Boss compressor
- Behringer Tubescreamer clone (I back the gain off quite a bit and this is a really neat clean boost)
- Marshall Jackhammer as a distortion for dirty (hate it, think this gets swapped out for a good fuzz pedalsoon)
- tremelo (usually my Voodoo Labs one, but currently a generic replacement while i fix a loose connection on the good one)
- Boss DD6
- Looper

Pros: really versatile rig
Cons: limited dirty sound. I'm thinking it needs a better replacement for the Marshall pedal. Probably a small enclosure Big Muff reissue...

Any recommendations?
Lately I play lots of buckethead, Floyd and satch covers and the odd post rock style ambient thing with a JS1000 into a sh*ty solid state Marshall.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191104_211148_1572902046649.jpg (1.51 MB, 24 views)
JsXLine6 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Well the photo posting bug seems fixed. ( how to do it if it's affecting you too - go onto the control panel for your profile in desktop view and delete all the attachments saved against your profile)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 06:33 PM

Re: Post your Pedalboard

I call it my glorified pallet, I'm a forklift mechanic, so it's my kind of humor

It's a lot of pedals... that's what I am told anyway

Tuner - cuz I hate the clip on tuners
Cali 76 compressor, cuz ya gotta play some funk
Digitech Drop - Cuz your cover band wants to play barracuda but no man except Robert Plant can sing it in standard tuning
Boss PH-1 Phaser - cuz Analog is king, and you can't play any Van Halen without one
Boss BF-3 Flanger - ...oooo Barracuda
Tone city Fuxx Fuz - It's cheap, small, and sounds like hendrix
Tone city Angel wing Chorus - We play some Police and it's also small
Boss DD-3 - It's good enough and I am too cheap to buy a DD-7
Boss RV-6 - Can't play classic rock without reverb
Morely Volume Plus - Because if you run a volume pedal in the effects loop, it can be a boost pedal
Cry Baby Jerry Cantrell Wah - Sounds nice and dark, plus it has a voicing knob, so that's cool .

I wish I had a whammy pedal! I'd have to build a bigger board though, and... It's already heavy.

Pros: It has it's own internal Voodoo Lab power supply and is SUPER quiet.

Cons: I am running out of room
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 74156976_533523717444986_4970197667452813312_n.jpg (348.1 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by JsXLine6; 11-04-2019 at 06:48 PM.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

When I'm gigging rather than just a practice/jam session rig then i always throw a volume pedal in too. Makes balancing everything out with everyone else so much less fiddly too if you're playing little venues without a good sound guy.

I'd have the purple flanger too if I had space. Because... we used to do a lot of Cure covers. I think Robert Smith uses that model a lot.
JsXLine6 likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 07:10 PM

if you are looking for a fairly inexpensive but awesome sounding gain pedal, I saw on Andertons music stores youtube channel a pedal called golden plexi. It's a tone city pedal and sounds REALLY good. I don't use any distortion or OD pedals because I have a high gain amp. But that little thing is impressive. I think it's like $50 or $60.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsXLine6 View Post
if you are looking for a fairly inexpensive but awesome sounding gain pedal, I saw on Andertons music stores youtube channel a pedal called golden plexi. It's a tone city pedal and sounds REALLY good. I don't use any distortion or OD pedals because I have a high gain amp. But that little thing is impressive. I think it's like $50 or $60.
wow that's cheap. I'll see if anywhere local stocks. Plus it's tiny so it's gonna fit 😀
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsXLine6 View Post
Digitech Drop - Cuz your cover band wants to play barracuda but no man except Robert Plant can sing it in standard tuning

Soooo.... Not trying to de-rail this thread, but... a drop tune pedal? Until now I thought I needed a lot of guitars, since changing tunings on floating bridge guitars is such a pain. How do you like the way it works? I watched a youtube video and the dude really liked it, seemed to sound good too.

BTW - What kind of Ibanez is that guy using? Obviously a Vai signature, only way cooler than most!!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 01:51 PM

I love the thing. It sounds really nice, it's not buggy sounding, but it is a power hog. It needs at least a constant 250mA power supply, otherwise it buzzes a bit. So if you're using a daisy chain, it can cause some noise. We also cover no one knows from queens of the stone age. It's in C standard tuning.

When i am practicing at home i sometimes use it to be a full octive lower to loop a bass line in my loops when i use my ditto pedal, which isn't on that board.
FireEagle likes this.

Last edited by JsXLine6; 11-05-2019 at 01:58 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode