Powering pedals - negative and positive tip advice needed! - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 06:50 AM Thread Starter

Powering pedals - negative and positive tip advice needed!

Hey there.

I'm looking for a bit of electrical advice in the attempt to avoid either blowing myself or my pedals up.

I have a TC G-system which I'm using to power a bunch of regular pedals, all of which need a negative ground power supply (pretty standard for most pedals).

However, I recently bought a Fulltone Octafuzz, which requires a centre positive tip supply if you are powering it via the power input jack. It also works off a standard 9v battery.

Rather than buying another power supply, I wondered if it would be safe for the pedal (and power supply) to power it using the power supply from the G system, but using a battery-snap adapter to hook up to the battery connector inside the Octafuzz. I'm guessing this would be the same as connecting a battery to the pedal, or am I being ignorant?

I'm no electronics or electrical wizz so wondered if some clever dude out here might be able to give me some advice before I damage something.

Thanks,
Sukh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 08:53 AM

Reviews: 10
Re: Powering pedals - negative and positive tip advice needed!

how about just buying loads of rechargable 9v batteries for all your pedals, much tidier than cables everywhere? Though more of a pain when they all run out at different times.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1973 View Post
how about just buying loads of rechargable 9v batteries for all your pedals, much tidier than cables everywhere? Though more of a pain when they all run out at different times.
Thanks, but no thanks - turned my back on batteries a long time ago!

I like having a pedal board nicely wired up ( and very neatly hidden wiring too) that I can just plug in and play without having battery worries.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 10:10 AM

I think as long as you use a centre positive polarity cable, then it will be alright. Contact the customer service if you're not sure

Tags
pedal board

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode