pro tool newb ?'s again :( - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2007, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy pro tool newb ?'s again :(

ok here are a few questions i have gathered
what is the best way to hook up an electric guitar to an mbox?
why is it when i plug my m audio keyboard into my mbp and play and have analog factory open and dialed in it dosent record (shows thhe input but no sound {midi instrument})
how do i open plugins that i have in pro tools?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2007, 09:15 PM

Re: pro tool newb ?'s again :(

1) You should be able to plug your guitar directly into the Mbox mic ins - use Amplitude LE to get a decent guitar tone, or use your amp rec outs/pod whatever before the Mbox
2) I don't know, but you DO have to click on the little red button on the selected track's info area to record enable the track
3) On the selected track -look in the table called "inserts" - there should be five little boxes with an up and down arrow on them - hold/click on this and the RTAS plug ins open up. Alternately, if you want to make a permanent effect change to a track (say you really know you want flanger on some guitar track), you can select the track, go to the Audiosuite pull down menu and select the effect you want, and process the track directly - this is only undoable by deleting the track and retrieving the uneffected track from the audio pool, whereas inserts are like stompboxes, you can adjust them, bypass them, replace them etc etc as you go.

Sorry if this all sounds pretty technical, but I can't think of simpler ways to explain - if I remember I'll grab some screenshots this weekend and post them for you.

Cheers, and good luck with it!

David
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2007, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

just wanted to say thanks for the input
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 12:18 AM

S'okay - hope it is of some use to you - PM me and remind me to take some screen shots of the above operations - might help you see what I am talking about.

Have a great weekend,

David
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 02:18 PM

Reviews: 2

Again I'll give you a book that a Pro Tools beta tester/engineer friend of mine wrote. Its the best PT book IMHO... His name is J Franze and the book is pro tools a-z. good luck.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

sweet i found it for sale on a few sites... ill pick it up durin the week

thanks

Tags
electric guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode