Problem with Bad Horsie - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2002, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Problem with Bad Horsie

I bought a Morley Bad Horsie wah pedal a couple of weeks ago, and it nearly changed my life. It's got a really sweet wah sound, and I loved how I didn't have to damn near push the thing through the stage to get it on and off. It's been a dream come true until last night at a gig. I did a solo using the Morley and when I took my foot off the pedal, the light stayed on and I couldn't get it to shut off. The unit is new and I don't understand what's wrong. I've put a brand new battery in it, and I've tried everything I can think of to get this pedal back but it just won't cooperate. As soon as you plug into it, the light goes on and stays on.
Now I know this is probably a common problem for these pedals, and I need you guys to help me. Tell me how to fix it!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2002, 04:28 PM

Is there some piece of crap stuck under the heel of the pedal that prevents it from returning all the way? You can also tweak the "stays on time" internally. Maybe that's whacked. See your instructions.....

FWIW,
-bill
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2002, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Oh ok....I pulled up on the toe kinda hard and the light goes out. But as soon as I step on it, it stays on. I've gotta get some documentation on this thing and take a closer look. Thanks WyldBill
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2002, 06:59 PM

Someone else mentioned that the little rubber feet under the back of the pedal sometimes block it from going all the way back. If there's a way to adjust the effective range, go for that, but otherwise, remove or shave down those feet. Anything to get it to rock back farther.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2002, 07:52 PM

Yeah, that was my problem, too. The whole staying on thing...no luck yet, but I'm working on it. Sounds like a common thing!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2002, 08:00 PM

Did you even bother to read my reply?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2002, 10:49 PM

Or you could see if anything is wrong wiht the plastic piece inside that stops the laser beam from reflecting to the other side.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2002, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two hands31
Did you even bother to read my reply?
Sorry dude, I'm just fed up that two pedals have just given up on me. None of those tricks worked for mine, it's quite frustrating having to use an old Crybaby when one comes to love the smoothness and ease of the BH. Thanks anyway.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2002, 12:10 AM

Ah, well you shoulda mentioned that. No harm done. I have a similar problem with my Line6 Floorboard's volume pedal, it's never completely silent unless I really push down on the back end. My old Korg AX-1G had the same problem, but it was easily adjustable, so that was quickly fixed. I'll have to do some looking at my Floorboard.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two hands31
Someone else mentioned that the little rubber feet under the back of the pedal sometimes block it from going all the way back. If there's a way to adjust the effective range, go for that, but otherwise, remove or shave down those feet. Anything to get it to rock back farther.

I pulled the little rubber feet of the underside of the heal part of the pedal.
Worked like a charm. Light goes out when I take my foot off! THAT WORKED!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Tags
horsie wah , volume pedal , wah pedal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in