Re: Problems with DIY DS-1 Keeley mod.
Well I went over the capacitors for the umpteenth time, and noticed I had put a 220pf in C11, which you're not supposed to change it's capacitor.
Evidently while putting the pedal together originally, I had put the 220pf that should have gone into C7 into C11 (they're next to each other). I did put a 220pf cap into C7 though.
Restoring C11's original capacitor fixed the pedal.
The pedal sounds pretty good, tons better than stock. Nice Nirvana tones.
People use a keeley DS-1 a lot as a booster, but it seems to boost way too much imo (not transparent enough). I prefer my modded SD-1 for boosting.