Rack started - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 07:09 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3
Rack started

About two or so months ago I pretty much quit the guitar. I was going through 'life stuff' and had a feeling that maybe the guitar just isnt what I'm meant to do(foolish, considering it's the only thing I've ever completely loved), Being that I'm also a percussionist(marching snare) I wanted to drums, it's always came so easily to me, I wanted to teach it again. Anyway, to make a long story short after much soul searching I sold all my gear, gave my 3120 to lhrocker (when trading for his jackson soloist I decided I didnt want it and sent it back...it got lost in the mail, filled out all the forms but aparently it wasnt good enough, another long story) so anyway, I sold everything but after listening to Joe and Steve again I couldn't go without playing anymore.

I bought my 570 back from Cody, and then I needed an amp. Bearing in mind that I mostly needed something to write songs with, and not another Rivera(which i miss... )I was going to go with a flextone II or a pod pro with power amp setup. Well, I found the Carvin T 100 tube Power amp on here, (thanks Zoner, you should have your cash anyday now) Then after missing two pod pro's and an ada mp2 on ebay for 5 bucks apiece GRR! I went to ADADEPOT and found a mint mp2 for $300. So now I've got my rack rig started. I'm very optomistic. So what I'm looking at now is this as a possible setup:

Carvin T100 tube power amp, ADA MP-2, Sonic maximizer, and for effects just a DL-4 and MM-4(i dont use many at all) with my 412 and a 215. As far as guitars, another RG570 or two and an RG520(both with dimarzios) will just about do it. As far as a wah, I'm thinking a vox or another 535Q.

What do you guys think? Any comments/suggestions? I'm thinking it'll be a pretty versatile rig.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 07:34 AM

Well man, I can vouch for the MP2 absolutly rocking - its an amazing piece of kit, so versitile. My sonic maximiser in the post so Ill tell you what its like when it arrives
The setup sounds real cool man! let us know how it works out...

-better shred than dead-ANDY
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 08:35 AM

In the past few months, Ive sold all my amp and a sort of pedals. I didnt sold my guitar (sorry, is not a Ibanez , is a '97 Fender Strat Richie Sambora USA -the PAF Pro and Floyd Rose-) because Ive never thinf of it, im in love with that piece of wood.

But, for a while, I considered to try "the rack way", and now, I want to purchase a good tube preamp, I think de ADA MP-1 or MP-2.

Please, dont quit the guitar, if you really love your instrument and you enjoy practicing with it, you will regret if youll quit again.

For FX which is good?, and cheap :P
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3
Yeah..I did quit. Now I'm playing again and rebuilding my rig. Good times.

Tags
fender strat , floyd rose , jackson soloist , paf pro , pod pro , power amp , richie sambora , sonic maximiser , sonic maximizer , tube power amp , tube preamp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode