Randall RH50T??? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Randall RH50T???

I've been looking at this head as an affordable tube head that (according to reviews) has a nice, heavy gain which is what I need.

However I'm also looking into this because of the large amounts of volume tube amps are known to give. I've played quite a few but I've never owned an all tube amp, nor have I gigged with one.

I'm contemplating on getting this over a Vox Valvetronix 100w head. Will the 50w all tube easily be louder than a ss 100w or 120w?

This seems like a VERY simple question, and I've read many a time tube amps are much louder, but I felt like I needed some last confirmation. Possible new purchases are always un-nerving.

Also, has anyone used this head? What is their personal feelings of it? I've checked the "usual sites" for some info, but I felt like I'd check good ol' Jemsite for a last confirmation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 10:58 PM

Re: Randall RH50T???

put it this way mate, ive got a 120 watt head and ive never put it over 5 (channel and master) and that was for band prac. gigs its a bit lower.

So a 50watt valve head is definately gonna do the job, with valve heads you can crank them heaps and they will sound great. SS amps can't do this, so with an SS amp u might find it starts to sound **** when it gets to 8 or so (at least with my school's SS Randall)

But yeh, you wont be dissapointed with the volume, unless you plan to play in a stadium or something :P
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Actually, I've decided to stop being so trigger happy and not buy the Randall. Sometimes money just burns a hole in my pocket..and I need to do a lot more searching before finding what I really want.

I've heard a lot about the ValveKing head, but I've heard some not so great things about it's distortion as apparently it doesn't have any rectifiers.

I know there are quite a few VK owners here, and I was wondering if any of them had any experience using theirs in a very heavy distortion?

I do some jazz and blues things at coffee shops and the like, but I plan on using my nice and portable 50w Valvetronix combo for that. I'm really looking to use this for the band(s) I partake in, most of which will consist around metal, whether it's just hard rock or death metal.

Will the VK distortion do the genres justice? I've played one before but didn't have tons of time to play around with it, and I know it had a KILLER clean tone.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 12:59 AM

i have found a few video clips of the valveking series on youtube.com. just do a search for valveking and check em out. i think i am gonna have to save my pennies and get one.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

The best review seemed to be playing a song by All That Remains for distortion...that review by gearsite.com or whatever didn't really impress me at all at making me want the gear.

But I am now more and more convinced to get it...

Tags
clean tone , death metal , tube amp , tube amps , tube head , vox valvetronix

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

is randall rh200 a tube amp
randall or bugera?
randall jaguar speakers?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode