Ibanez JEM Forum banner

RE: How to safely store your gutars?

905 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Formerly Given To Fly 
#1 ·
RE: How to safely store your gutars?

Not sure where I rank with others, but I am now over 25 guitars and honestly I don't get to play them all on a consistent basis.

That being said, what's the best way to care for them while they slumber in their cases?

Right now I have them vertically on end, headstock up and lined up on a slight angle; lightly resting on the HSC next to them.

Humidity? String Tension? Anything else?

Thanks,

-sc-

#3 ·
Re: How to safely store your gutars?

Not sure if this is the correct way, but guitars/basses I play regularly or occasionally I keep on a stand or on a wall mounted hanger. Guitars/basses stored in cases get detuned slightly, probably a full step or so. I keep saying I am going to sell a few guitars and my old gigantic bass, but never really get around to it...:plain:

#4 ·
Re: How to safely store your gutars?

If you can maintain the humidity and temperature of the room so that it does not fluctuate very much, that will help everything. A closet naturally does this well. A living room with lots of windows and direct sunlight does not. Since 25 guitars is a lot relative to most closet sizes, multiple closets can be used. If you are married, perhaps a sale is in order...;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.