Reaching tone nirvana - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Reaching tone nirvana

Hi guys, sorry i've been away for so long but i really didnt have that much time on my hands.

So, the story goes like this. A long time ago, when the 7-stringers were still gaining popularity, I remember a couple of you fellas mentioning the use of bass amps with their guitars. Well, I finally got to try out the stuff myself and, to say the least, I was amazed.

Me and my friend went over to this small store to try out a couple of amps. We tried a minxture of RG7321, Rg520, Pod 2.0 and Pod XT.

First up was a Gallien Krueger 400RB head and a GK Backline 115 combo. The tightness was amazing, finally I realized those crazy Meshuggah chops were possible.

But, the real jewel came when we turned towards the Hartke 4000 head, which we plugged into the same cabinet as above. Besides having the same tightness as above, the sound was also much lusher and polished. The control I had over the tone amazed me so much i actually stood there for around 45 mins just turning the knobs and adjusting the sound. It could go from the bassy heart-pounding rhytm sound i like to use when i pay alone, to a crunchier sound that mixes better with the rest of the band at the turn of a single knob. Imagine what you can do with the remaining 11 knobs, and this is a 1 channel amp !

In conclusion, I am ordering the Hartke next week. Dont be afraid to try out new stuff out, you'll be amazed at what you'll find.

Now, on to affording a new Universe......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
bass amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode