The reason i cant buy dimarzio cliplock from USA - Page 2 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 09:54 PM

Re: The reason i cant buy dimarzio cliplock from USA

I had the same problem. It's really annoying. I haven't seen a store in Melbourne that has any neon dimarzio gear and it's like 5 times the price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 02:43 AM Thread Starter

Wink Re: The reason i cant buy dimarzio cliplock from USA

grrrrrrrr

so which american wants to go down the shops buy a couple of straps and make themselves 5 bucks?

catch my drift?
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhairycamel View Post
grrrrrrrr

so which american wants to go down the shops buy a couple of straps and make themselves 5 bucks?

catch my drift?
i'll see your $5 and raise you $10.

anyone? ship to uk
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 11:10 AM

Reviews: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarelaxe View Post
Dimarzio, or any other international company in any area, does not want US vendor selling to any overseas clients because they don't want their overseas vendors buisnenss be effected by this. If we all buy Dimarzio pickups and accessories from the states then local Dimarzio vendors in our countries will have no income and will end up stop being Dimarzio dealers and Dimarzio headquarter does not want that to happen.
For example, something that happened here in Israel not long ago. HP worldwide found out that Israeli HP branch was selling HP servers to european companies offering them lower prices then the HP european vendors. They came to Israel and all the mangers of the Israeli HP branch were fired.
And that is "stoopid". Period!

If I had to rely on portuguese resellers, for example, I'd still be waiting for a stock Evo 2. I'd still be waiting for a custom made Seymour Duncan JB. I'd still be waiting for clip-lok straps. I'd still be waiting for DiMarzio switches and pots. And the list goes on!!!
C'mon! A friend of mine waited 1-1/2 years for an F-Spaced Tone Zone... and after that time, the reseller told him that they couldn't get that pickup!!! Can you cope with this??? No f*cking way!!!

The world is a different place, now! "Traditional" business is being replaced by electronic business.
Customers won't wait 1-1/2 years for some custom colour pickups to arrive via resellers!
At least, I wouldn't!
That way, DiMarzio will lose business to other brands (such as Seymour Duncan) that have no problems with shipping overseas internet sellers.

My 2 cents, here...

Last edited by Crazy_Guitar; 06-27-2008 at 11:16 AM.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 12:04 PM

I mentioned this sometime ago concerning the Dunlop DCR-2SR rack wah. In the states its $599 new. Over here it's £897 ($1,772) over three times the amount!. **** isn't an option because no one over here owns a DCR-2SR since they aren't willing to pay that much for a wah in the first place.

I emailed Jim Dunlop customer service, and they said they could send one over for $700 (around £340) which is a big difference, since the extra money is for the posting. I was extremely happy with that, but I still hate the fact that buying one over here was so overpriced
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 03:48 AM Thread Starter

the only cliplock strap on e b a y Australia at the moment is $99 AUD

WHAT THE HELL lololol
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 05:01 AM

Contact all friends/relatives in the US and beg them to send you a cliplock strap... if you are big guy, threats might work too
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 09:57 AM

Where abouts in OZ are you??? I'm in Adelaide and we have no probs getting them here. There are around $40 though...

I've got a green one and a white one (that I dont use). All of my guitar playing friends have them too.

If you cant find them here, use the bay. I just bought the MXR EVH Phase 90 & Flanger from an online shop on the bay and saved over half of what they sell for here...
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhairycamel View Post
the only cliplock strap on e b a y Australia at the moment is $99 AUD

WHAT THE HELL lololol
There are 3 listed on there as I type this. 2 Camo coloured straps @ $30 and 1 black @ $39. Email them to see if they have other colours.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Guitar View Post
The world is a different place, now! "Traditional" business is being replaced by electronic business.
That is exactly what all the experts said before the high-tech, www, online bouble exploded in everyones faces about 7 years ago.

And I guess that if Dimarzio felt like they are loosing money they will probably do something about it.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 06:35 PM

Reviews: 120

Better Music in Canberra has Clip-lock straps in various colours, sure they are around $40.00 from memory (a little cheaper I think though), but at least you can get them sort of locally. http://www.bettermusic.com.au should have some contact details, they might be able to post things to you.
LonePhantom is online  
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 10:51 AM

I live in England and I've ordered plenty of DiMarzio pickups from various US sites. And I've never had a problem!

Tags
bare knuckle pickups , cliplock strap , cliplock straps , dimarzio cliplock , dimarzio cliplock strap , dimarzio pickup , evh phase , jim dunlop , mxr evh phase , rack wah , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode