recommend me multi fx for live use - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

recommend me multi fx for live use

hey guys. I've been thinking about buying either the Zoom G9, Line 6 PodXT Live or the Boss GT-8 so that I can use that to plug into a P.A for band practices and gigs. I have a really cool half stack already (Engl powerball + Laney VH100R and marshall 4 x 12) but it's hassle for me right now to get it all about as I don't have a driving licence. So buying one of these would be easier for me to get about for the time being.

I would need some amp simulation that will give me a good quality tone that will cut through the mix live and also be easy to use. Some cool FX would be great too.

Which of the units that I've named would you recommend for using live? is there anything else I should look into?

My budget is up to 280 as I'm unemployed at the moment and would have to sell one of my guitars to buy it.

thanks very much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 11:54 AM

Reviews: 1
Re: recommend me multi fx for live use

why not GNX3000 and ToneLab LE are in your list?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 11:57 AM

Reviews: 18

I'd say go with the GT-8. Unfortunately, since your funds are limited, the better choice would've been the GT-Pro, as it can be plugged directly into the pa system via its XLR outputs.

Jimmy
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 12:46 PM

GT-8

The amp sims arent the best out there, but they're still pretty good. And because of it's effects loop (4-cable method), it'll fit right in with your half-stack when you need it to.

Any multi-fx without the option of putting effects before or after your actual preamp is pretty useless IMO. That's what makes the GT8 stand head and shoulders above all the other budget multi-fx pedals.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 01:08 PM

WHAT ABOUT the New Digitech GSP 1101... ?

And about the Fx Loop Option, i think a POD XT PRO would be better than a GT-PRO and also cheaper.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 01:47 PM

Reviews: 18

There's a reason why the GT-Pro is more expensive. The GT-Pro sounds better than the POD products IMO and, its ability to arrange effects any way you want makes it an incredible piece of hardware for the price. The POD stuff, while a good candidate, gives out a lifeless sound next to the GT-Pro.

Jimmy
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 03:11 PM

imo, dont, most multi fx i have used have done a not as good version of a stand alone stompbox.

however, the vox tonelab se sounds pretty good, tho im not sure what price it is (or what, if anything, the tube does...)

but for 280 you could get a good variety of pretty good stompboxes, which would not leave you with a useless multi fx once you have some money, but leave you with the beginnings of a serious pedalboard

depending on what music you play, you could probably get on fine with a gain box (or two), wah (if you solo lots) and a delay

imo

x

Tags
engl powerball , pod pro , vox tonelab

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode