Ibanez JEM Forum banner

recto tube question.

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  adamcbest 
#1 ·
when I click on my lead channel on my triple rectifier [which just new tubes in about a month or 2 ago], it seems to crackle after i stop playing but remain on the lead channel. ive troubleshot it and its no cables or guitars or anything. I thought it might be a blown speaker, but it isnt that, so it has to be the tubes.

whats the prognosis?

#3 ·
Are you calling hiss crackle?
Just making sure.
remove any and all cables from fx loop etc and just plag in your guitar and see what you see. From there see what you can get it to do.

Check your jack into your guitar and the amp, also consider it could be dirty pots.

Clarify exactly what happens when you're hearing the crackle

Bamm

#5 ·
chris...
does it cracle on and off when you arent playing at all.. like.. just having the amp turned on.. after i play my marshall for about 20 minutes.. it will start crackling as well.. but on all channels. doesn't matter what the volume level of the amp is. i still get it.. the only way it goes away is by unplugging the speaker in the back of the amp. i jsut replaced power tubes cause i have been told that bad power tubes can cause crackling. i haven't been able to find a remedy for ine yet either.. s if you figure it out.. let me know

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.