Rocktron Hush - solve my noise issues? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 01:50 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 120
Rocktron Hush - solve my noise issues?

The power points in my music room always cause me grief when it comes to unwanted noise. As soon as a little gain is added a nasty hum appears, and fluctuates depending where my guitar's pickups are pointing at the time.

I need some sort of noise reduction pedal to cut this crap out. I've tried the ISP Decimator and it is absolutely awesome, however it is way over my budget. I understand the Boss NS2 is alright if you want the heavy cutout for metal riffs, but I want something that will be good at allowing my guitar to still breathe somewhat.

I can't try the pedal out first, as my local shop will need to order it in. Should it be able to do what I want. I don't want it to colour my tone, or give me terrible sustain.

Thanks all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 11:10 AM

Re: Rocktron Hush - solve my noise issues?

you might want to try out this first, http://www.*******.com/item--EBTHUMX

replace the stars with z z o u n d s

Last edited by C.Thep; 08-27-2009 at 11:21 AM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 12:24 AM

Reviews: 12

I have both the Decimator and the NS-2 and both are great.
I use the NS-2 with my JSX and the Decimator with my HT-5. Both can cut off your sustain if set with too much clamping or gating. I actually find the ISP to suffer from that more than the NS-2. But the ISP is more transparent when on, in regard to tone coloration.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Thep View Post
you might want to try out this first, http://www.*******.com/item--EBTHUMX

replace the stars with z z o u n d s
That looks great, although I wonder if I can get a model suited for Australian power points.

Yeah the Decimator is pretty awesome, but as I mentioned it's out of my budget right now. I might investigate one of these. The NS-2 sounds like it will colour the tone somewhat, so I'm not so sure I want one of them.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 01:09 AM

Reviews: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
That looks great, although I wonder if I can get a model suited for Australian power points.

Yeah the Decimator is pretty awesome, but as I mentioned it's out of my budget right now. I might investigate one of these. The NS-2 sounds like it will colour the tone somewhat, so I'm not so sure I want one of them.
I've used the NS-2 for years, and found it only colors your tone if you run the threshold at max level and if you use it while playing at low volumes. There is no tone coloring at high volume settings.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 03:31 AM

Don't bother with the Carl Martin Noise Suppressor, I've renamed mine to the Tone Terminator.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 11:37 AM
rgr

The Decimator pedal isn't that much more than the NS-2 pedal is it? I use the ISP pedal and really like it, I leave it on all the time set pretty low.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

In Australia the price difference between the Decimator and the NS-2 is over $100. The Hush is reasonably priced (cheaper than the NS-2), and the DEcimator guys originally made the Hush, so I'm thinking they probably made a pretty good device originally.

Tags
noise reduction , rocktron hush

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode