rocktron pro g.a.p - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3
rocktron pro g.a.p

So I picked up a 5150 combo, sounds great, although a little noisy. I was running around different used instrument shops yesterday, and found my 535q wah for $50 in great shape, and at another place found a rocktron pro g.a.p. Now, honestly I just picked it up thinking i'd use the built in hush, maybe some eq to get slight variations on the 5150 tone. I have yet to try it out, but after reading the online manual I'm not sure this is a way to go. How would the hookup work? I'm thinking the effects send on the amp would go to the input of the pro g.a.p and either the effects send or the amp output of the g.a.p back to the effects return of the 5150. I'll try experimenting with it a little bit this afternoon, but any advice on the subject would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 02:43 PM

Re: rocktron pro g.a.p

i am not too familiar with the 5150 stuff. but the pro gap rips for metal! you no like, you let me know...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 02:53 PM

Reviews: 18

try it both ways and see what sound you like best. You might want to consider visiting thestompbox.net and see what other folks might be saying.

Congrats on the purchase!

Jimmy
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 10:39 AM
rgr

The Pro GAP is a preamp, and a nice sounding one FWIW. But, for a Hush, you should probably just get a plain Hush, pedal or rack unit.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr View Post
The Pro GAP is a preamp, and a nice sounding one FWIW. But, for a Hush, you should probably just get a plain Hush, pedal or rack unit.
Yeah, I didnt really know anything about it when I picked it up...I just saw it in a stack of stuff by the door at south austin music, figured I'd give it a try. fwiw, at low volumes, though the hush or agx didnt really do what I wanted it to do,(it did get rid of some noises with hand covering strings and not playing) it did make the sound a little more 'present' if you will even with gain at 0(clean). It sounded a little more focused... All knobes at 0 boost or cut, the sound wasn't as organic though.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 02:36 PM

Reviews: 1

I had the Pro G.A.P., I agree with what the others say.
Run your guitar into the Rocktron input, then run the out to the 5150 effects return port. I'm sure you'll have no problem moving it, should you decide you don't like it, but it has a lot of great tones.

Bamm
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 10:25 PM

I wanna buy a Pro GAP but can't find one.
They were all over the place last week......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode