Rode NT1 questions - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-02-2003, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 14
Rode NT1 questions

I keep hearing good reviews that it rules for studio vocals and acoustic stuff for it's price.

Does anybody have and use this mic?

Which low priced mic preamp would go good with the NT1?

thanks dudes!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-02-2003, 09:09 PM

Taking price into consideration, the ART Tube MP series is pretty good. I have a StudioV3, and am quite pleased with it.
I don't have a Rode, but I was very impressed with the sound of a friend's Oktava MK219... especially given the microphone's low price. It's another large-diaphragm condenser. He has quite a few very nice mics, but really loves the Oktava, even though it's probably the least expensive of the dozen. That's why I went and got myself a MK319, which is the same as the 219, but with a different casing.

-Ben
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-02-2003, 10:27 PM

I've got one (NT-1). I like it a lot. It's great for all around recording... I've even used it to mic my cab live with killer results.
(side note: played a couple of gigs with it... then played one on a really resonant elevated stage. It picked up massive boomyness from the drums on the stage- so it's back to the 57 ).

I also just picked up a Studio Projects C1 and I really like it better then the Rode. Seems to have a more open sound for vocals and acoustic. I've been using it to distance mic my cab with a SM57 up close with awesome results. Check into SP before you settle. I really am blown away by this mic (the price is awesome to).
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2003, 11:43 AM

i use one for my little home studio and your right its absolutely killer for vocals and accoustics, i find a get a very wide airy sound out of it, i dont like it for recording guitar though, i think its far to toppy for me
buts it a great mic for the money
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2003, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 14
thanks for the info, dudes!

rJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

rode ntk or kms105?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode