Roland GP-100 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 06:31 AM Thread Starter

Roland GP-100

Thinking of getting one of these but not tried one. Anyhere have one - Beavis? - Not actually tried one and would be buying one blind so what can I expect?

What sort of tones?

Does it work best with a solidstate power amp?

How do you use yours? Any soundclips?

Thanks
Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 03:24 PM

Hello andy i will reply when i ahve more time i am thinking about this one and i will write a full review and try to get some sound samples on the web. Very Good unit IMHO.

How much are you looking to pay becasue they have gone down in price a bit i think.

Beavis
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Gp-100

Thanks Beavis, I sent you an email from the facility here on the page, hope you get it.

Andy
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 10:01 PM
DC

I've had a GP 100 for a couple of years. I'm pretty pleased with it overall--it runs a dozen different effects at once and has lots of cool delay/harmony settings. I use it only for effects. The preamp models are pretty accurate, but they are slightly lacking in dynamics. I prefer tubes anyway. My power amp is a Mesa Boogie 20/20, but I think it would be fine with a solid state power amp.

Two negatives:
1) Some of them have a problem with the parameter/number dials. You can turn them forward, but the processor sometimes thinks you are going backward or something. So switching and adjusting things can be a pain (although it isn't complicated). Mine has this problem and it drives me nuts.

2) I think the compressor is terrible. I use a dbx 166a instead.

Other than that, I'd recommend it pretty highly I guess. Happy hunting if you decide to get one.

Tags
mesa boogie , power amp , solid state power amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode