RP300 or GNX1???? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-01-2003, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

RP300 or GNX1????

heres the deal, my friend lost my RP200 by digitech. so he says hes going to buy me a new processor that is kind of the same amount of money....
so my choices are those two.
It has to be under 224 dollars, perhaps slightly more. I want a good processor anyone know any other ones, or between thsoe two whic one would u choose???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-01-2003, 09:37 PM

My brother has an RP200 and it is just amazing, it has the most unreal lead and clean sound ever; I recently got the chance to use it live (going into the PA mixing board at my church), it sounded even better than it did hooked up to my 2x12 combo at home. Anyway, I have tried the GNX1 and a friend of mine owns an RP300 (which I use almost all of the time because he is a pianist), to me the RP300 sounds much more "real" than the GNX1, if I were in your situation I would definitely get the 300.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 04:42 AM

I have a RP300 and a GNX3. I use the RP300 for acoustic effects for the piezo out on my RG2027, and the GNX3 for the magnetic out. I've owned the RP300 for about 2 years, and the GNX3 for about a year an a half (got both when they first came out pretty much.) I've used (and sometimes still use when I don't feel like lugging the GNX3 around) the RP300 for my main effects/preamp rig. Here's my thoughts...

RP300 and GNX series both based on the same preamp models and effects. GNX adds amp model warping (subtle, but probably the MOST important distinction) allowing you to mix and match and create custom "amp" combinations (resulting in completely new amp sounds.) The GNX has more amp models, better foot switching, improved functionality, and can hook up to your computer via MIDI or S/PDIF outs (it's got more goodies, too.)

Ok, so soundwise... not much different. The GNX rectifier sounds like the RP300 rectifier. The effects sound just about the same (a TAD better on the GNX.) But when it comes to amp warping... well, I only use custom amp models. The basic models sound pretty good, and to my ear, decently authentic (I.E., as good as any other simulations. You draw your own conclusions there ) But with warping, you can mix and match the "best" of your favorite amps to create great sounding originals. I only use a few amp types, (not really much of an amp sim junky) but they're all custom. That's where the GNX shines.

So, for my money, as someone who has used and continues to use these Digitech goodies extensively, (they're my main sound rigs) I'd go with the GNX. It's just THAT much better than the RP300. But quality-wise, (build, sound, reliability, etc.) they're basically identical. They're not different beasts altogether, more like slightly different flavors of the same machine, with the GNX being a little more "upscale."

Hope this helps.

Tags
foot switch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

digitech RP300 tweak
boss me 50 o digitech rp300

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode