sansamp gt-2 troubles - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-28-2003, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

sansamp gt-2 troubles

im sure you're well aware of my troubles with this pedal, some problems are rather problems with myself than the actual pedal! anyway, this one is a genuine problem, i was switching the pedal on the other day and the sound went very 'hummy' and i got a very loud hum whenever i turned the unit on and off, also the drive knob is very crackly and sounds like im not getting the full drive sometimes, i tried to take it apart a while back but i dont know how to get the pcb out, it seems impossible to get it out without snapping something off (which i havent done) any advice on how to stop this humming buisiness, and the crackly knob?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-28-2003, 10:42 AM

Well it sounds like the gain pot is very dirty. When that happens itll sound very crackly when turning it and will mess with the control of the pot. That doesnt mean its your buzzing problem. It could be many things. Are you running off 9-volts or AC?

Are all your jacks in good condition?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-28-2003, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

im running off the adapter, sometimes when its buzzing, if you take the adapter out and put it back in it seems to be ok, by jacks do you mean my leads or the actual jacks on the gt-2, its second hand so im not sure, my leads are ok
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-28-2003, 01:13 PM

Try not using the adapter and see if it still buzzes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode