Satriani - Sempire D'amour - I want that sound! - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-24-2003, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Satriani - Sempire D'amour - I want that sound!

I hope some of you guys know that song and know how to get that sound because it totally blew me away!
So if you guys have any idea how to get that sound, please tell me, thx!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-25-2003, 11:42 AM

Um, I've never even heard of the tune... what disc?

-D
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-25-2003, 12:44 PM

Become Joe Satriani. The rest is a breeze.
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-25-2003, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

I think the song is actually called "Sempire D'Amor" without the u.
I don't know on what disk it is, I have it as an MP3.

Oh look what I've found: http://www.angelfire.com/rock/scottabee/jsatriani.html
It seems to be unreleased.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-25-2003, 02:37 PM

That's not an official disk. Joe didn't do Formula 1 or Mission Impossible for one. Don't know about the rest.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-25-2003, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEMavenger
That's not an official disk. Joe didn't do Formula 1 or Mission Impossible for one. Don't know about the rest.
kinda reminiscent of several of those false tracks floating around the p2p programs...
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-25-2003, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Of course it's not a disk.
And even if it's not Satriani, I just love that guitar sound!
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-26-2003, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper
Quote:
kinda reminiscent of several of those false tracks floating around the p2p programs...
Exactly.

I recognize Power Cosmic and Talk to Me on that list as Joe stuff, but that's about it.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-26-2003, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper
Quote:
Kinda like that "Somewhere over the rainbow" song that was named Steve Vai and passed around... I wish people would stop renaming things >: |
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 08:33 AM

Re: Satriani - Sempire D'amour - I want that sound!

I have a similar collection on iTunes (though not identical). Here's what we've managed to figure out:

Sempire D'Amour is Eric Levi and the band's name is Era. The tone is Satch like, but also very David Gilmour and has a lot in common in playing and tone terms with Brian May on Bijou, or EVH on Respect The Wind. Stunning.

Formula 1 is Satch. He did it for the Formula 1 97 game released on Playstation and is officially credited.

That "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" was apparently Chris Impellitteri.

The Guitarist Special was definitely Satch. I have that disc somewhere. He also let them release Time Machine (the track) long before the album was released.

Power Cosmic may also be Satch but it's a very rough live version if it is.

Follow (or Follow That Heart as the chorus goes) doesn't sound remotely like Satch. Its an early 80s hair metal band with sub Bon Jovi sound. Don't know who though.

Elipsis sounds like Satch but its very rough. Like a mad jam demo. It has Satch playing in the backround with some disonant jazz in the foreground by Pat Martino (?). Sounds like they're playing two different songs (that'll be jazz then...)

Never And After is from the same album (All Sides Now) as Elipsis.

Mirror is definitely Satch but its incredibly short (10 seconds) and badly recorded. Like a snippet of an idea he recorded.

Silent Night is from Merry Axemas Volume 1 and 100% Satch.

Foxy Lady is an audience recorded live track. Could be Satch but he's not singing, someone else is, doing a Mick Jagger impression. May even be Mick as they toured together in '86.

Guitar Solo sounds very much like Satch. I'd be 90% certain its him.

Little Wing almost certainly isn't. Sounds like Mike Tramp or Eric Martin on vocals. He even says "Take it Mark (or Martin)" at the solo break. Nice version though.

My version also has an alternate mix of AlwaysWMAWY which could be Satch or a copycat.

Mine also has the Street Fighter Theme which is actually Buckethead I believe, and The Flintstones which is supposed to be Vai And Satch?

Anyone know any of these tracks and whether we're right or not?

Just realised this is a 3 year old thread LOL. Got to it through Google!

Last edited by Ali___; 04-25-2006 at 08:48 AM.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmeir
Kinda like that "Somewhere over the rainbow" song that was named Steve Vai and passed around... I wish people would stop renaming things >: |
i thought that was JP
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali___
Just realised this is a 3 year old thread LOL. Got to it through Google!
Don't worry about it. That's still good info. Thanks
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali___

Formula 1 is Satch. He did it for the Formula 1 97 game released on Playstation and is officially credited.
'fraid not.

Satch is in actual fact credited in the ORIGINAL PS F1 game (1995) for their use of: Back to Shalla Bal and Summer Song. The track Formula One, in the game actually has an entirely different name when you look thru the song list in the options menu (I knew and loved this game for the F1 and for satch) the other tracks are all Satch copy cats.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 03:33 AM

"Follow that Heart" was by The Squares, a band which included both Satch and Jeff Campitelli.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali___ View Post
Mirror is definitely Satch but its incredibly short (10 seconds) and badly recorded. Like a snippet of an idea he recorded.
I now this thread is absolutely dead, but you have to figure our that you're worng with this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db7AGV8pBzg

Again, credits for Eric Levi's band Era

Tags
david gilmour , joe satriani , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode