Sensibly Amplifying a 7-String - Your Thoughts??? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Sensibly Amplifying a 7-String - Your Thoughts???

Hey all,
I'm currently looking at getting hold of a 7-string guitar and the next thing on my "shopping list" is a decent valve amp/stack to suitably amplify my 3 main 6 string electrics and, when I get it, my 7-string.
My questions are largely based around the current Marshall range - ideally the JCM 2000 TSL100 amp - while I appreciate this is a matter of opinion at the end of the day, is it suitable? Also, what are suggestions cab wise? Does it make much of a difference to "tonal clarity" having a particular speaker size/arrangement? Any thoughts on the new Modefour cab? The '1960' cabs? Just for your information, in all of this I'll be after a nice warm clean channel with perhaps a little more gain than is standard on one or more channels Any information is very much appreciated, thanks people, Gaz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 08:42 PM

I've played an RG-7321 through a Mode4 and it sounded sweet. I've used my Schecter 7-string through everything from my Line6 Flextone II (60-watt, 1x12), my friend's Crate 2x12 combo, a little 10-watt Squier practise amp, a multi-effects into my stereo system, etc. All sound great with sensible EQ settings
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 11:46 PM

I don't know anything about the Mode 4, but I was in Guitar Center the other day, and I heard a guy playing through a TSL combo, and it sounded badass. Really, if I wasn't about to buy a Mark IV (STILL waiting for this guy to buy my amp ), I'd check a TSL head out. Powerman 5000 got GREAT sounds out of them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode