Seymour Duncan Custom Custom Humbucker - Any Comments!! - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2001, 04:35 AM Thread Starter

Seymour Duncan Custom Custom Humbucker - Any Comments!!

I'm thinking of replacing my PAF Pro for a Seymour Duncan Custom Custom. I have a RG3120 and I'd like to replace the neck pickup. What do you guys think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2001, 02:33 PM

Seymour Duncan Custom Custom Humbucker

I've never tried it in the neck position, but heard only good things from people who have. *If you have a Tone Zone in the bridge I would recommend the Air Norton, it's fat and warm, not as bright as the Paf Pro. But if you're set on the SD I have one, you can email me if interested.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 01:39 PM
Banned

Re: Seymour Duncan Custom Custom Humbucker - Any Comments!!

well dave urich uses a CC in the neck but I dont care for it there too creamey and mushy
it makes a GREAT bridge pup gets a old vanhalen tone in fact eddie used on for a few years like on the solo to jump or the song judgment day
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 02:39 PM
rgr

Great bridge pickup, a little too hot for a neck pickup IMHO.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 05:04 PM

i wouldnt use it in the neck
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 06:26 PM

Looks like everyone gave the same answer, and I agree. (although I'm sure since 2001 they've gotten it figured out!) One thing that I'd like to point out is that the Duncan catalog posts the "bass" on the CC as being even lower than the JB. That's misleading. The response curve of the CC is more smooth and even across the board IMO. So it's much warmer and has more kick in the low end than the JB. The JB may test higher in the bass on a machine, but when you actually play one, the piercing upper mids and treble overpower the bass. I wouldn't advocate the JB in the neck either. But that's why the CC would be far too mushy and dull in the neck position, even though it's listed as having reduced lows. In the bridge, however, it's one of my favorites, and I have two. That says a lot because I have 30+ guitars and that's the only pickup (besides a couple stock IBZUSA's) that appears twice in my collection.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 06:39 PM
Gex

I prefer those PAF pros.

Better for fast picking stuff, and more clarity.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 07:37 PM

If you want a neck swap, just try the JAZZ Model.
And it's really HOT, not jazzy...
Sounds like an Air Norton to me.
The Custom Custom is the best bridge PU i've tried in my life, with mahog body.

Tags
air norton , bridge pickup , bridge pup , neck pickup , neck position , paf pro , paf pros , seymour duncan , seymour duncan custom , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode