Should i get rid of my Peavey Bandit? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:38 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 4
Should i get rid of my Peavey Bandit?

my friend came over last night and we jammed a bit. He had a Marshall Mg15DFX (15 watts) and i had my 80-100watt Peavey Banditt. The mashall butt-raped the peavey. Is this normal or is there something wrong with the peavey?
Im thinking of selling it and buying a Marshall Mg50. should i do that? Anyone has any experience with the Bandit and the MG series?

Thanks anyways
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 08:07 AM

Re: Should i get rid of my Peavey Bandit?

Max out everything at 10 and try it again. If it still doesnt own it, I dont know what to tell you.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 10:11 AM

Bandit should be a LOT louder, but as for sound? i dunno, the marshall probably would have a better tone, ive played a few of them a bit, though they arent amazing they are pretty decent considering how cheap they are.
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 12:36 PM

Reviews: 1

what mr. wizardneck says sounds like good advice to me. that's why i got my son a 30 watt marshall amp for christmas. i don't think the other customers in the shop were to impressed though, haa haa haa!!(NO it wasn't because my playing sucked it's becuase the main part of the shop is for 'classical musicians')
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 12:52 PM

the peavey bandit is literally the worst amp i've played. no joke. get rid of it. when i first started playing, my friend had that amp. evry time we jammed it never could match the tone of another amp. i could go on, but i won't. just get rid of it.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Dee

Peavey Bandit is sh*t. Buy the Marshall. An old Valvestate combo would own the Bandit. Look into older Marshalls.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:49 PM

ive had a bandit an my brother still has one - they are bloody awful fuzz/buzz - zero tone amps on the overdrive channel - the clean channel is OK though !

my opinion is YES - get rid of it - get a marshall valvestate - that will also ass rape the bandit ! and cost about the same !
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 06:57 PM
HSH

Yes. On the 8th day, God created tubes. Go forth and rectify.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSH
Dual rectify even!!!!!!!
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeswift
Peavey Bandit is sh*t. Buy the Marshall. An old Valvestate combo would own the Bandit. Look into older Marshalls.
QFT

I still own mine. I hate it so bad. (no money to replace it...) GET RID OF IT!
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.WizardNeck
Dual rectify even!!!!!!!
If you're gonna go with Mesa, don't even consider the Rectos. they are the Peavey Bandits of Boogie.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 10:54 PM
HSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSH
Funny thing is, I play a Marshall! I think it has a rectifier in there somewhere, though......I DO see a bunch of tubes hangin' down.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordhauser
If you're gonna go with Mesa, don't even consider the Rectos. they are the Peavey Bandits of Boogie.
How are they? Lots of artists use them. I admit its mainly "nu metal" but I'll list a few off. KoRn, Slipknot, Rammstein, System Of A Down, Fear Factory. How can you call it that?
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 06:17 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 4

No mesa dealers here so i cant go with Mesas. And i dont have that much money. Im gonna try to get my local marshall dealer to order an AVT for me, and try to get a good price on that. You see, when they order, each US$ converts to about 1.6 - 1.8 jordanian dinars (currency where i live). Although in real life, 1 US$ = 0.7 JDs. So for a 500$ amp, it could cost me about 1000$ lol. Thats why im considering the MG series

BigBazz, the peavey is a HELL LOT louder. But it sounds so bad compared to the mg15
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 11:18 AM

Fear Factory play Marshall (also seen with 5150)
Slipknot users of: Marshall Jmp-1, Peavey 5150, Mesa Dual Caliber, Rivera Knucklehead, Diezel VH4... no recto's

I dont really like dual rectifiers, they are a bit naff imo, though the rectoverb combo seems to sound pretty good.

Tags
angus young , dual rectifier , dual rectifiers , marshall amp , marshall jmp , marshall valvestate , mesa boogie , mesa dual , peavey bandit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode