Show me your homemade pedal board - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Show me your homemade pedal board

thinking of making my own one but not sure what type to make plz post pics and show me
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 04:53 PM

Re: Show me your homemade pedal board

Wish I had one...I am curious to see some too.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 04:56 PM

Zakk Wylde has one for his live shows, im really interested in doing this too...
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 05:02 PM

Check out this thread...

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showth...ght=pedalboard

... which has pics and descriptions of several homemade pedalboards (including mine).

--B
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 05:02 PM

If I knew how to post a pic I would
but there is one here

http://photobucket.com/albums/b121/cids_stuff/?sc=1
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid
Nice muff.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 12:03 AM
Gex

Get yourself a plywood board (wait for trash week . . . .free wood!)

Spraypaint it black. . .or pink. . .or green, or whatever moves you. (Purely optional, just aesthetic)

Then use Industrial Strength Velcro to keep the pedals in place. Doesnt have to be Industrial Strength. . .but . . . I like my pedals secure, your probably do too...

Then get a Godlyke Powerall pedal power system ($40) and your good to go.

Real Cheap, and VERY practical. . . you can customize the board as big as you want, you can make it really small if you just use a couple of a effects, or you can make it large if you use alot of effects and you can make it only as big as you NEED it to be, to make it easier to carry and lighter on the back.

Here's mine:

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 12:31 AM

Sweet job, but has anyone made one that is transportable on the go? as in, go to show, open pedal board, hook up two cables, play, end show, close pedal board, go home?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 02:59 AM
Gex

Thats what mine is (when its finished)

I just haven't velcroed the H20 and Maxon on yet, As soon as I have the things I want, I'll strap everything down, and it will be just as you described:

Go to show, hook up 2 cables, plug in power supply, jam for a bit, unplug, toss in trunk, take a shower

I used to have it completely velcroed and secured, and it was totally transportable on the go. I used to have a ME-50 velcroed to it (and some boss pedals, and a Bad Horsie), and I could shake the thing violently upside down and NOTHING would shake loose.

But, I've recently COMPLETELY overhauled my pedalboard, got rid of all the Boss pedals, and im currently experimenting and deciding what effects I want on my board, so its sort of a mess right now.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 06:52 AM

Here is what I made. I found some material that holds velcro strips well. Then I used spray adhesive to cover the pedal board and lid. I also tacked a plastic edge trim all around it. Metal would have been better but this is all I could find at the time. It also has six rubber feet on the bottom so it doesn't go anywhere, and foam in the lid to press on the pedals and help them not fall when I carry it around. I've giged it a little and used it at tons of rehersals and the pedals have not moved on me yet. There are two power adapters so it's just open the lid, plug in and play.

There are four latches, two on each side holding the top on, and a carrying handle on the front.

I made it kind of small but I like to limit the pedals I have to just what I need so it works out ok. Now I'll just replace each pedal with higher quality ones as I can. This setup really does sound good though. I would like to add an A/B box for getting a real straight into the amp type sound, since my pedals are not tru bypass or anything.

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 09:10 AM

I'm planning on building a better version but my current board is plywood with velcro and a couple of brackets underneath to give it a tilt. for power I just grabbed a spare powerstrip/surge protector that I had laying around and screwed it to the back of the board, ran all my power supplies to it and stapled the wires down to the plywood. Not attractive, but very functional, I just plug the strip up, plug my guitar in one end of the pedal chain and my amp into the other and it's good to go. Not bad for all spare parts hehe

Tags
boss pedal , boss pedals , pedal board , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode