Show your "Current" Rigs of doom.. NO OLD PICS ALLOWED - Page 2 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 544 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 11:19 AM

Re: Show your "Current" Rigs of doom.. NO OLD PICS ALLOWED

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69 View Post
David is a good guy. I miss Almost Music too but he was almost across the street from David's place which could be a reason he closed. I'm shocked David has kept it going for so many years but he is holding his own.

Just let me know some contact info and hopefully we can set something up. Good luck with the move!
Nah, we were miles from Yancy. Started out in South Daytona, then moved into Holly Hill. I worked for Rex from early 1998 to 2004 when Frances caved our roof in, and Jeanne came through before FEMA approved our damages and wiped out most of the rest. I'll never forget the Tacoma Jazz Box we had in the store, which took water damage. The whole back of the guitar and neck was green under the finish. Rex moved to Gainsville shortly after and passed away in 2005, he was a great guy.

You might be thinking of Guitar Attic, who's pretty close to Yancys, and is basically a hole in the wall. Randy, who owns that, used to work for Rex, before he decided he could do better on his own.

Man, there have been more failed music shops in this town than I can count. I remember Guitar Bizarre, and High Tide, both of them failed in the 90's.

I can use all the luck I can get at this point, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 544 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 11:29 AM

This is just my guitargeek style rig of almost doom.

Guitars: Parker p38, ibanez rg570, ibanez rg7421, ibanez electro-acoustic.

Coupled with this

Ill post a real pic soon
post #18 of 544 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
Nah, we were miles from Yancy. Started out in South Daytona, then moved into Holly Hill. I worked for Rex from early 1998 to 2004 when Frances caved our roof in, and Jeanne came through before FEMA approved our damages and wiped out most of the rest. I'll never forget the Tacoma Jazz Box we had in the store, which took water damage. The whole back of the guitar and neck was green under the finish. Rex moved to Gainsville shortly after and passed away in 2005, he was a great guy.

You might be thinking of Guitar Attic, who's pretty close to Yancys, and is basically a hole in the wall. Randy, who owns that, used to work for Rex, before he decided he could do better on his own.

Man, there have been more failed music shops in this town than I can count. I remember Guitar Bizarre, and High Tide, both of them failed in the 90's.

I can use all the luck I can get at this point, thanks!
I remeber High Tide. Yes, Guitar Attic!!! Man, it's been many brain cells ago!!

I remember when TE was on US1 years ago.

I sold a Jackson USA Bengal graphics to a guy at your old shop (Randy - not the same Randy as Guitar attic). He was a cool guy.

Hopefully we'll get a chance to exchange local lore and have a beer or two or three and jam out - not necessarily in that order.
post #19 of 544 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Defintely a RIG OF DOOM by my standards. You are modest saying "just".

I'll bet you can peel the paint off the walls with that set up

Nice stuff!
I could... but I'd have to turn the volume up past 1.5... which is where it is most of the time
post #20 of 544 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 12:46 PM

Quote:
I remeber High Tide. Yes, Guitar Attic!!! Man, it's been many brain cells ago!!

I remember when TE was on US1 years ago.

I sold a Jackson USA Bengal graphics to a guy at your old shop (Randy - not the same Randy as Guitar attic). He was a cool guy.

Hopefully we'll get a chance to exchange local lore and have a beer or two or three and jam out - not necessarily in that order.
Heh, yeah next to Pic'n'save.

Maybe a few hours in the AM, since I work overnight. Gotta see what's going on, and have to survive the weekend intact. UPS is delivering a guitar case today, because I'm short one and don't trust a gig bag in the middle of moving.
post #21 of 544 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 02:29 PM

I've got far too much gear....

The gear that suits better the "jemsite" tastes:

- Jem7Vwh
- TC Electronics G-force
- Digitech Whammy WH1
- Bad Horsie (I use more the Cry Baby)
- Carvin Legacy combo

and of course... a fan

I will put some pictures soon...
post #22 of 544 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN777 View Post
This is just my guitargeek style rig of almost doom.

Guitars: Parker p38, ibanez rg570, ibanez rg7421, ibanez electro-acoustic.

Coupled with this

Ill post a real pic soon
nice rig, i love that zoom layout you got there....
man i STILL can't get guitargeek going!! how do you do it??? i can never find those animated pictures of my gear, and if i do, i don't have a clue how to put them together like that
help!!
thanks
post #23 of 544 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemaholic View Post

I never keep anything too long. (I'm looking to trade this Jackson for a Jem.)
Wow, I wish I had a JEM to trade you. I love the custom art work on your Jackson! Although, I'm not a personal fan of the triangular fret inlays on the Jacksons.
post #24 of 544 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo1299 View Post
man i STILL can't get guitargeek going!! how do you do it??? i can never find those animated pictures of my gear, and if i do, i don't have a clue how to put them together like that
help!!
thanks
Hi, i use the software included in Windows, Paint, to do all of this.
There are some gear youll find on guitargeek but others that not, like the zoom g9.2tt i took a real pic from the internet and resize it.
Then cut the cable inputs and just paint the cables, as you can see, some of the cables are like bitten because i didnt put too much effort on the cables.
So this is just a cut and paste job, everything on Paint.

Hope this helps you.
post #25 of 544 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Jim, you truley have a sickness for nice gear

Would I be right in guessing you aren't married?
No...I'm married...with a daughter that's almost 2...
I have a good job and a bad addiction is really all it is.

I justify (lie to myself) it all by being a non-smoker, don't do drugs and drink very little!

New addition this week: Mesa Boogie Trem-o-verb head!
post #26 of 544 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiMoSiTY View Post
Here's mine, this is about a week old.
This is current.

feeding this:

For the really bored....If you care to read about what's what, you can read my 'blog' post explaining my stuff here.
I visited your blog and I was wondering what the "soldano/5150" mod on the ADA was...I mean, how is it done? I was thinking about buying one and if I can get the Soldano Hot Rod sound with a mod I surely be spending some money soon xD ...on the ADA that is, not the soldano...LOL
post #27 of 544 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemaholic View Post

I never keep anything too long. (I'm looking to trade this Jackson for a Jem.)
You should hang on to that Jackson...
post #28 of 544 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyone View Post
I visited your blog and I was wondering what the "soldano/5150" mod on the ADA was...I mean, how is it done? I was thinking about buying one and if I can get the Soldano Hot Rod sound with a mod I surely be spending some money soon xD ...on the ADA that is, not the soldano...LOL
On the ADADepot.com website, they list a few different mods that you can do to the MP-1, which is essentially just replacing some caps and/or resistors, so it might not be for everyone, but if one were so inclined, it's possible to do your own mods to the MP-1.
Here's a link to the site with details on all the mods you can do.
http://www.adadepot.com/adagear/deta...-MP-1/mods.htm

The particular mod I did was the one listed as the "Soldano/Rectifier/5150" mod. It takes away just a slight bit of overall gain, but the tone is more articulate. It's a nice.

Good luck!
post #29 of 544 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 07:30 AM

Not really a 'rig of doom', but hey...
post #30 of 544 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo1299 View Post
help!!
thanks
that helps a lot!! thanks man, awesome job....

Tags
acoustic amp , adrian belew , alex lifeson , amp tone , andy timmons , bass amp , bbe sonic , bbe sonic maximizer , behringer fcb , birdseye maple neck , blue voodoo , bogner shiva , boss chorus , carvin legacy combo , celestion vintage , charvel evh , charvel evh art , charvel evh art series , charvel model , crate blue voodoo , custom shop , david mccarroll , def leppard , deluxe strat , diezel herbert , digitech whammy , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio evolutions , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tone zone , distortion pedal , double neck , dunlop cry baby , dunlop crybaby , ebony board , eric clapton , ernie ball , esp arming adjuster , eventide eclipse , evh art series , extension cab , fender custom shop , fender deluxe , fret inlay , furman power conditioner , gauge strings , guitar collection , heavy metal , ibanez bass , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez weeping demon , isp decimator , jem vwh , jim dunlop , jsx head , kettner triamp , korg dtr , les paul , loop station , maple neck , marshall dsl , mesa boogie , mesa dual , neck pickup , noise suppressor , peavey bandit , peavey classic , pedal board , phil collen , pickguard paradise , pickup switch , piezo bridge , playing guitar , power amp , practice amp , rack setup , rack space , rack system , rack wah , reverb pedal , rocktron hush , rocktron xpression , shawn lane , sonic maximizer , space rack , sperzel tuners , squier strat , steve vai , teese rmc , tone zone , tube amp , tube combo , tube tone , victor wooten , vinnie moore , volume pedal , voodoo lab , voodoo labs , wah pedal , yamaha rgx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode