Small Midi Foot Controller... - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2003, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

Small Midi Foot Controller...

Well, I am planning on buying a TC G-Major and I dont think the G-Minor is going to do it for me. It is very limited. I was considering the Behringer foot controller, but that thing is huge. I was wondering if anybody had suggestions for a small midi foot controller, but not so small that its limiting. Also, it would be nice if it had phantom power available. Thats 1 less wire I'll have to run. I heard someone used something like a Lexicon 'R1' for a G-Major, but I havent been able to find any information. Any help would be appreciated.

-Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2003, 09:51 AM

How about something like this MFC5 MIDI Footcontroller

http://www.axess-electronics.com/products.htm bottom of the page
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2003, 11:55 AM

I seconcd the MFC5. I use it. Its a great controller. If your only switching one or 2 units and you dont need to have a CC for anything its great. Its simple, effective, inexpensive, can be expanded, and the owner is a great guy to deal with.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2003, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

hmm... looks good except for one thing that I forgot to mention, I need an expression pedal. Thanks for the help so far guys!

-Nick
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2003, 09:33 PM

I use a Digital Music Corp Ground Control with 2 external expression pedals. It's relatively compact for having 12 buttons on it. It can be powered by phantom power, too.

Another option is the ART X-12. It's a little smaller (7 buttons), and has a jack for 1 external expression pedal.

--B
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Hmm, DMC stuff is expensive, im thinking under 200$ would be best. Any more info on teh ART? I'm thinking I might just end up sticking w/ the Behringer, its cheap for what you get. Any one have any experience with these? Good quality? I don't want the thing breaking after a month...

Thanks,

-Nick
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2003, 07:38 AM
rfb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck In The 80's
I'm thinking I might just end up sticking w/ the Behringer, its cheap for what you get. Any one have any experience with these? Good quality? I don't want the thing breaking after a month...
Our keys/guitar guy uses one and has done for the just-short-of-a-year we've been gigging and rehearsing pretty much every week, usually twice, and it still looks like new. The expression pedals don't really give me a warm fuzzy confident feeling, but they seem to be holding up fine - and the rest of it is built like a tank.

I use a Rolls/RFX midibuddy, which is smaller and also very solid, but has no expression pedals. They do make a version that takes external expression pedals; that might be another way to go.

- rfb

Tags
expression pedal , expression pedals , midi foot , midi foot controller , midi footcontroller

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode