So my rig is almost complete...PICTURES :D - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 01:58 AM Thread Starter

So my rig is almost complete...PICTURES :D

I've been working really to put this rig together and I can say I'm almost done put I still to need to buy a few differents part like the RJM Y Not to be able to run both head together. I can say tthat running the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier and Peavey 6505+ together really gives a in your face. I'm able to boost both of them with the furman PQ3 and the sound is just insane. The triaxis will serve for my clean and a couple of lead patches. Also, I'll be sending my ISP Decimator for the Stereo mod. I did some esthetic mod that suits my own taste.

Here is what we have:
Furman PL Plus Serie II
furman PQ3 Parametric EQ
Voodoo Lab GCX
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro
ISP Decimator ProRackG
TC G Major
TC 1128 EQ
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Mesa Boogie Triaxis
Peavey 6505+

Now for the guitars....they all have been sent to my luthier and they are not stock one bit! All the electronic have been redone with new cts pots and and superswitch with some awesome PU's configurations. He added some resistors but I have no clue what he did...I just know they all sound awesome! All the guitar had extensive fretwork done (pleked) and have my custom set up that we came up with. The action is so low that we had to install PU rings in one guitar since we could not lower the PU's anymore. I will also had that he took the time to match the radius of the neck with each tremolo and its a pain in the ass since its all custom with shims.

First off, My Ibanez JPM P3 set with standart strings half step. The only major mods are the electronic and the brass block.

Second, we have my ESP Mirage Custom. This one we redone from A to Z. All the electronic are brand new. I'm running some BK coldsweat and nailbomb. We rerouted the whole cavity for the new gotoh trem. I also bought brand new gold tuners. She is now a black beauty with gold hardware.

My Ibanez J custom had some nice mods done. First off, we changed the stock PU's for a crunch lab and a liquifire. Since the action was so low, we decided to install pickup rings to be able to lower even more the action without having problems with the PU's and the strings. He also made a big brass block and redid the whole electronic.

At last but not least, my rare Ibanez American Master MA3! She's euiped with a Dimarzio Breed and Airzone, big brass block, new electronic...lo pro trem......bla bla bla too much to say!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 04:08 AM

Re: So my rig is almost complete...PICTURES :D

Pretty cool, but.... I really hate pickup rings. Just wondering, by the way - and, I'm not busting your balls or anything - how low did you need your action to be that you had to install pickup rings? LOL
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 06:08 AM

Nice rig man,but yeah I'm with snakeEyes,based on my JC's that was a completely unnecessary mod that would have made zero difference to the p'up height and actually would reduce your ability to lower the p'up. That's the beauty of ringless.

Regardless,nice rig,killer axes!
How are those p'ups in the JC sounding.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 12:21 AM

Malin,
Do you prefer to eq the triaxis? I haven't tried that yet, I read that the dynamic voice control was a 5 band slider with enough shaping? p.m. me with any advice eq'ing the triaxis....Nice rig man ....that jpm model is awesome...

Last edited by Guiatarded; 01-28-2011 at 12:22 AM. Reason: typo
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 08:43 PM

Reviews: 1

Awesome man. I use a Mark V/6505+ together sometimes and it sounds great. My main rig tho is a Mark V/Recto 4x12 for dry and a Recto Recording Pre/G Major/Stereo 2:Fifty/two Recto 2x12s for wet. Sounds insane.

Last edited by philoking; 01-02-2012 at 09:19 PM. Reason: adding photo...
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 03:16 AM

Reviews: 12

i hate you..

no but seriously, nice rig man. I've a lot more to go to get a rig like that

Clips?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 05:45 AM

wow, great kit,
top but not over the top,
attitude but not arrogant,
artistic but not pretentious.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 03:46 PM

Reviews: 10

wow, that is a deadly rig there malin...I love the J custom too - sweet!

nice rig too there philoking
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 04:01 PM

Same thought on the pup rings here, that will get the pups higher, not lower. The bottom is still the bottom no matter what you add to the top.

Tags
ibanez , mesa boogue , peavey

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode