Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Software To Use with Tascam US-122

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Polaris20 
#1 ·
I'm considering getting some different software to use with my Tascam US-122 to replace the bundled version of CubasisVST that came with it. My main complaint about CubasisVST is that it can only get up to 8 tracks (best I can figure) and only one effects insert per track. Can anyone recommend anything to me? I liked Pro Tools Free for its effects layout and features, but can't use it on WinXP, or downgrade to anything else.

Also, is the 8 track limitation due to my US-122, or is that just the software? Like, if I get different software can I get more tracks? heck, can I get more in the version I have now and I'm just missing something?

#5 ·
I'm guessing your running on a PC and not a Mac?

If your on a PC, I'd recommend Cubase SX (as Darren mentioned) over Pro Tools. Pro Tools doesn't have very good sequencing capabilities. It's good if 95% of what your doing is recording though.

If your on a mac Logic is the way (Express or Pro, depends on budget).

#7 ·
Artist said:
I'm guessing your running on a PC and not a Mac?

If your on a PC, I'd recommend Cubase SX (as Darren mentioned) over Pro Tools. Pro Tools doesn't have very good sequencing capabilities. It's good if 95% of what your doing is recording though.

If your on a mac Logic is the way (Express or Pro, depends on budget).
Yea, I'm on a PC. The reason I was thinking Pro Tools is because I'm going to be working with it in Music Industry Arts at Fanshawe College next year anyways. :lol: And 95% of what I do is recording anyways :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.